Politics

I’m sorry but anyone that thinks Tom cruises movies are anywhere near reality never spent a day close to anything remotely involving a hostile fire zone….,
I don't consider them anywhere near reality, but they are entertaining. And unlike much of the rest of Hollywood, Cruise's goal is to entertain his audience. His genre may not be your cuppa, but for those of us that it is, we appreciate what he does.

And the dude sticks his balls out for his craft. He does a lot of his own stunts. Mad respect for the dude, even if he is a scientologist nutburger otherwise.

I don't have to actually like somebody to spend money on their product.

I think this is interesting. This is a government produced commercial (high production values) currently running on the Russian RT Network. It is thus aimed primarily at a Russian audience rather than the West or specifically Europe. As sanctions continue to complicate life in Russia, it is useful propaganda to illustrate (humorously) how bad things supposedly are for Europe.

Perhaps @Major Bonkers or @Opposite Pole can give us an appreciation hamster stew. I am told it is much like squirrel. :unsure:

Not sure about hamster but earlier today I did skin a good size hare I shot, would that do?

IMG_5870.JPG

It is indeed pretty funny , luckily we are not yet delivered to the performance of a hamster to survive. Christmas will be warm and comfortable. (I’m currently in the south of France though)

This graph, one I used in one of my recent market updates, is posing me more worries though. If this continues, it will mean the death for a big chunk of European industry.

Image1671835197.224496.jpg

Exactly what I warned about in March of this year. And I reiterate what I said back then. This situation had better get a quick solution, satisfactory to all parties, or the pain involved will be much bigger than the principles on which this conflict is based.

Mmmmm….gravy! That would feed a family of four! Well done!

It weighed just over 7kg, that’s 15lbs. I shot two, had I taken more time to practise with my shotgun I would have shot four - oh well, they’ll be bigger next year.

Hasenpfeffer!! I miss hunting those huge things. And love the hat - very Bolshevik. :cool:

Made out of a fox I shot in the same area a few years back. Keeps my ears nice and warm, it wasn’t a particularly cold day, just below freezing, but it was breezy. The following day we got close to 20cm of snow and temps dropped to -11C.

Not sure about hamster but earlier today I did skin a good size hare I shot, would that do?

View attachment 507209
Where I grew up in Eastern Arkansas, we had rabbits almost that big. We called them swamp rabbits because they were usually in the bottoms. Our cottontails were usually in the cutover bean fields and at the most 1/4 the size of your trophy.....

Hasenpfeffer!! I miss hunting those huge things. And love the hat - very Bolshevik. :cool:

We had European hares on our farms in Ontario. Big rascals. One of those in your game bag throws everything off kilter!

It is indeed pretty funny , luckily we are not yet delivered to the performance of a hamster to survive. Christmas will be warm and comfortable. (I’m currently in the south of France though)

This graph, one I used in one of my recent market updates, is posing me more worries though. If this continues, it will mean the death for a big chunk of European industry.

View attachment 507214

Exactly what I warned about in March of this year. And I reiterate what I said back then. This situation had better get a quick solution, satisfactory to all parties, or the pain involved will be much bigger than the principles on which this conflict is based.
Not sure the graph shows the Demand for gas. Appears to me to be the intersection of Demand and Supply at each point on the graph. It is unclear to me what the limiting factor is. Is the 2022 totals less than previous years because a higher price has caused a reduced demand? Is the supply at maximum level so regardless of the demand, that level of supply is all there is? Or is there a shift in consumption that has reduced the demand of this product?

Not sure the graph shows the Demand for gas. Appears to me to be the intersection of Demand and Supply at each point on the graph. It is unclear to me what the limiting factor is. Is the 2022 totals less than previous years because a higher price has caused a reduced demand? Is the supply at maximum level so regardless of the demand, that level of supply is all there is? Or is there a shift in consumption that has reduced the demand of this product?

These are consumption levels over the past few years. So you can clearly see the massive demand destruction that took place. About -20 to -30% since a year now. I know of no big business that can continue to sustain for multiple years to run at -20 to -30% of capacity and survive.

National Guard informs troops that last paycheck before Christmas will be late. But in America-last fashion, 45 Billion more to Ukraine will be delivered on time.​

National Guard informs troops that last paycheck before Christmas will be late. But in America-last fashion, 45 Billion more to Ukraine will be delivered on time.​

Hmmm… well technically the $45B was just appropriated, not sent yet. As @Red Leg has described in earlier posts, the DoD will go through the process of figuring out what items to send and how charged back against the total. No one is sending $45B in cash to Ukraine but I do appreciate your attempt at irony, if true about the NG.

Hmmm… well technically the $45B was just appropriated, not sent yet. As @Red Leg has described in earlier posts, the DoD will go through the process of figuring out what items to send and how charged back against the total. No one is sending $45B in cash to Ukraine but I do appreciate your attempt at irony, if true about the NG.
What’s true, is our nations priorities are backwards and upside down.

What’s true, is our nations priorities are backwards and upside down.
I could not disagree more - at least not with respect to Ukraine.

The appropriation for Ukraine has nothing to do with any of this whatsoever - not at all. Indeed it is one tiny aspect of this bill where there is thankfully broad bipartisan support. Which of course allows gadflies like Hawley, Gaetz, MTG, and Boebert to spew nonsense without fear of actual consequences.

For the umpteenth time, no defense related funds are "delivered" to Ukraine - on time or otherwise. The guy who wrote this is playing his readers just like the left wing kooks over on MSNBC are playing their audience.

The screwed up budget process (or non budget process) where everything, to include the defense budget, is wrapped up into a single bill which is then delayed to the end of the year in a complicated game of Mexican standoff over very nearly every other item in it is what delays execution. This first happened during the Clinton administration and affected both active duty and the guard.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petervolt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?