Politics

How long can they sustain this insanity? At some point even Russia runs out of meat for the grinder!
Exactly. I can't fathom this sort of sacrifice of one's army. I have to assume, Putin has a very incomplete understanding of the battlefield. Rather like Hitler in the bunker, he issues orders imagining divisions and corps when the reality are decimated brigades and battalions. The result are these suicidal attacks.

This is yet another company level attack yesterday. Again, note a single file approach into concentrated defensive fires. I would suspect they suffered 75% casualties

Another well thought through piece by Zeihan.

Exactly. I can't fathom this sort of sacrifice of one's army. I have to assume, Putin has a very incomplete understanding of the battlefield. Rather like Hitler in the bunker, he issues orders imagining divisions and corps when the reality are decimated brigades and battalions. The result are these suicidal attacks.

This is yet another company level attack yesterday. Again, note a single file approach into concentrated defensive fires. I would suspect they suffered 75% casualties

I feel bad for the young Russian conscripts. Pawns sacrificed to Putin’s insanity and his command staff’s incompetence.

@Red Leg, not doubting your inputs about the Ukraine/Russia war in any way. So, please don't take these questions that way. I guess I'm just being curious. :ROFLMAO:

I have a couple of questions for you. With the way news/videos/etc, can be manipulated or altered, how do we know those video feeds are real? How can the validity of those videos be confirmed without seeing satellite images of the area? I'm sure some/most of the videos are real but seems odd that there is always a drone flying above the battlefield.

I'm all about Ukraine destroying the Russian army, and this would be one less adversary our grandkids may not have to worry about.

:E Shrug:

1697815673698.png

@Red Leg, not doubting your inputs about the Ukraine/Russia war in any way. So, please don't take these questions that way. I guess I'm just being curious. :ROFLMAO:

I have a couple of questions for you. With the way news/videos/etc, can be manipulated or altered, how do we know those video feeds are real? How can the validity of those videos be confirmed without seeing satellite images of the area? I'm sure some/most of the videos are real but seems odd that there is always a drone flying above the battlefield.

I'm all about Ukraine destroying the Russian army, and this would be one less adversary our grandkids may not have to worry about.

:E Shrug:
They are also killing a lot of Russians and destroying equipment where drones aren't flying, though primarily with direct fire assets. We don't see nearly as much as that because ..........

Ukraine has perfected the use of drones as their primary means of forward observation for their indirect fire assets. So if artillery of some form is being used to service a target (virtually all the videos I have posted), then a drone will indeed almost always be present. That often is not the case if the engagement is tank on tank or with ATGMs.

Now I suppose there could be a secret Ukrainian lab churning this stuff out, but that seems rather far fetched to me.

I would also suggest you browse through this site. https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html?m=1 The tallies are populated by a European analytical team that only lists damaged, destroyed, or captured materiel if confirmed video or photographic evidence exists. They are doing it for both sides. The Russian Federation is taking a massive disproportionate beating to date.

For instance, Oryx lists confirmed Russian tank losses to date as 2404. Ukrainian tank losses to date are 668. I don't think the Ukrainian Army needs to make up anything.

Thank you!!!! (y) (y)

I like most of Biden’s speech. We know he just reads, but clearly the writers are saying the right things. The question is whether the USA can get united enough to be truly effective again.

I missed it Kevin. The folks on Fox were pretty split on whether they thought it was good or not, and a couple of folks I think are pretty solid (Dana Perino and John Roberts) were not impressed and thought it was lacking. Maybe it's a matter of the bar is SOOO low from his other speeches that this one looked rosy by comparison? Maybe others can weigh in, or have and I just haven't seen those responses yet.

I missed it Kevin. The folks on Fox were pretty split on whether they thought it was good or not, and a couple of folks I think are pretty solid (Dana Perino and John Roberts) were not impressed and thought it was lacking. Maybe it's a matter of the bar is SOOO low from his other speeches that this one looked rosy by comparison? Maybe others can weigh in, or have and I just haven't seen those responses yet.
Yes it is true the bar is low TT, but seeing that this was coming from his teleprompter that normally appeases the extreme left I felt it was more pragmatic, talking to the world rather than his lefty constituents.

By the way, what is the consensus upon why Israel is delaying it’s ground operation into Gaza?

Hostages...

and..

Its not going to take days or weeks to clear Gaza... a clearing operation of that magnitude is MONTHS at a minimum that no matter how successful is going to be very painful, very slow, and is going to incur several losses on Israel's part..

Far better to spend some time on the front end figuring everything out and waiting for the right moment than to rush in and find yourself in a trick bag that you didnt plan for or expect..

If Israel plays their cards right (I believe they will).. they will be absolutely brutal in every respect in terms of how they ultimately deal with Hamas... but.. they will also be patient and methodical with every move..

At a guess

1. Allow max time for Palestinians to move south
2. Allow allied nations time to pursue their diplomatic tap dance
3. Give max opportunity to negotiate hostage releases
4. Allow time for the arrival of the second aircraft carrier battle group to eastern med

At a guess

1. Allow max time for Palestinians to move south
2. Allow allied nations time to pursue their diplomatic tap dance
3. Give max opportunity to negotiate hostage releases
4. Allow time for the arrival of the second aircraft carrier battle group to eastern med
Especially #4 because I think Iran might test their own stupidity this time around?

Especially #4 because I think Iran might test their own stupidity this time around?

Everyone is talking about the 2 carrier battle groups cruising in from the med (6th Fleet)...

Dont forget we have 2 carriers and a total of 20 warships, 20,000 Marines, etc.. assigned to the 5th Fleet.. whose primary responsibility is the Persian Gulf (much closer to Iran).. No one seems to be talking about where those ships are currently sailing..

It would be a stretch for aircraft to make it to Iran from one of the two 6th Fleet Carriers that everyone is focused on.. (also almost impossible for Israeli aircraft to make it to Iran from land bases in Israel without significant external support (i.e. US or Euro tankers and other "things" we probably shouldnt talk about)..)...

5th Fleet is something entirely different though..

If Iran gets openly stupid.. the pain they'd experience would likely be incredibly high.. and incredibly swift..

Theyll continue to play in the shadows and send money, provide training, sneak in munitions, provide intelligence, etc.. and they'll continue with rhetoric and saber rattling..

But I dont think theyre stupid enough to go much further than that right now.. they have little to gain.. and A LOT to lose..

By the way, what is the consensus upon why Israel is delaying it’s ground operation into Gaza?
Biden. Unfortunately they need the support of the Lefty, Iran & etc., ass-kisser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fb88fan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani