Politics

Quick update from Ukraine. Russia continues to carry out Pyrrhic assaults in the vicinity of Avdiivka. The first clip shows a Russian tank attempting to cross a minefield probably fired into the area by M109 howitzers a few hours before. It looks like the crew of three were able to escape.

The second shows a pair of BMPs, each with a three-man crew and five-man fireteam undergoing catastrophic destruction caused by the explosion of onboard ammunition and fuel. No one would have walked away from those.

The third shows the scale of destruction of Russian armor units.

Why don’t these dumb asses just elect Jeffers and be done with it. Crap like this is why I don’t see republicans winning any elections in the future and why that didn’t have a “red wave” in 22.

Republicans have been in a state of civil war since 2009 with the Tea Party. The old line, low taxes, free trade, globalist, big money donors verses the MAGA, reshoring manufacturing, stay out of foreign wars, inclusive, younger, isolationist, first generation Republicans. McCarthy/Gates is just the most recent incarnation of the turmoil. There will be no unified Republican Party until the civil war is concluded.

The current Republican party is much like the Whig party of 1850. Will it cease to exist or will it remake itself in some reunified fashion. Which ever way it goes, the speed of change may surprise many.

Because neither candidate is all that appealing to their respective bases today compared to the last election. Biden will lose votes over his support of Israel, promising to build a wall, and barely having a pulse. Trump, I fear, is yesterday’s news. I don’t think the trials will do much one way or another. For every supporter who sees the indictments as political harassment, another be turned turn off by them.

Interesting. I see the country as more divided with more people feeling a vested interest in the outcome, thus voting. Will it be more voters than 2020, I don't know but in no way do I see this election having at worst, the second most total voters in a Presidential Election.

Approximately 15m more Americans voted in 2020 than any other presidential election. At the moment, the same two candidates are leading in their party polls. Why do you think we will now have low participation?

Kennedy is polling around 10-15%. The highest percent since Perot who definitely changed election results. Why won't he do real damage?
Why?
Because there are millions of Americans who won't vote again either for Trump or Biden.
Majority will stay home and not vote for Kennedy.

Interesting. I see the country as more divided with more people feeling a vested interest in the outcome, thus voting. Will it be more voters than 2020, I don't know but in no way do I see this election having at worst, the second most total voters in a Presidential Election.
Yes the country is more divided but also lost hope and fed up with politicians from both sides.
Unless a miracle happens and we have new candidates less people will participate IMHO.

Hmmm
I remember quite a few years ago, reading news on some high profile internet portal, stating that first time in history, British population is less then 50% in London. Like 51-49%. It was maybe 10 years ago or so. If that is true, I am not surprised.
But Uk is secular state, so religion does not matter in election process.
All the voters in London are British.
You can't vote if you're not British.
I think you meant to say "non white".

All the voters in London are British.
You can't vote if you're not British.
I think you meant to say "non white".

Fk me you are so woke its unbelievable....you can be British and hold a passport saying so....doesn't mean you are English ie descending from people who have lived in the country for centuries ...not immigrants who have rocked up recently...whether legal or illegal....labour government years ago had a policy to let as many illegals in and then allow them to stay so that they would vote Labour...and Labour hoped this would mean they would win every election.....that is what he is trying to say ...and from my understanding @mark-hunter at least has the excuse in that English isn't his first language...

These folks do superb analysis - particularly the technical side of things. This is their take on the ATACMS strike against the Russian aviation assets two nights ago.

As I noted a few pages back, an asset as important to Israel as the aircraft in the carrier battle group are the Aegis equipped missile cruisers and destroyers. Looks like the Navy had one in the Red Sea watching the southern attack corridor to Israel.

Why?
Because there are millions of Americans who won't vote again either for Trump or Biden.
Majority will stay home and not vote for Kennedy.

I can see Biden getting less votes in 2020. Still not sure who the Democrat is that will be running. Trump will still have way more votes than any Republican presidential candidate not named Trump ever got.

Feel free to repost this again in 13 months. I will be happy to eat my words if the 2024 election produces less total votes than any Presidential election outside of 2020.

It’ll be interesting to see. I think turnout will be down, baring some event that no one can predict now. How much, is hard to sat.

A U.S Navy warship took down 3 Missiles fired from Yemen, as well as a couple drones.
They should’ve returned the favor with 1Klb cruise missiles to the source of the fired missiles. Our Navy needs real world practice too? LOL

They should’ve returned the favor with 1Klb cruise missiles to the source of the fired missiles. Our Navy needs real world practice too? LOL
Im sure they could extrapolate the flight path back to the source. Send a few Tomahawk's, just to say hello.

Im sure they could extrapolate the flight path back to the source. Send a few Tomahawk's, just to say hello.
With Brandon’s smiling face painted on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaquelFrym

Latest profile posts

dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !