Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I have two episodes on This Is Africa on the Sportsman’s channel now. The first one is buffalo and hyena in Zimbabwe. The next is tuskless elephant and is the season ending teaser leading up to the Tanzania safari that will air first next season. Check it out and let me know your thoughts.

Watched the buffalo and hyena episode earlier this evening. Very enjoyable watch. Impressive shooting on the hyena and a great buffalo you got. Really like how y’all showed the villagers getting all the meat from your buffalo and explaining how hunters and hunter’s dollars support and benefit the local communities in rural Africa. Great job

Spoiler alert. Haven’t seen them yet, but apparently you weren’t sorted out by the buff or the pachyderm. I gotta check ‘em out………

Watched the show tonight. I have to say even with a couple of replays I never did see that hyena until you walked up on him.

I did say to myself after that first shot on the buff to shoot it in the a$$, then boom.

I do wish that more of these type of shows would show more of the locals and how the meat is dispensed. I watched one a few years ago where they shot a elephant and then filmed as the locals came in for the meat. By the time that they were done all there was left was a dark spot on the ground. It is also too bad that there isn't a way to get those who are against hunting in Africa to see the results of a number of these hunts.

Phillip,
Watched the buffalo and hyena show. Nice work. Good shooting. Looking forward to the elephant segment. Going after my first buffalo in Sep 2024. Hopefully it will go as smoothly as yours.

My wife and I also enjoyed this episode. Nice work.

Saw the buffalo and hyena episode. Enjoyed it and looking forward to seeing the elephant episode. I was wondering if that was the same Phillip Glass.

You have a face for radio :LOL: . I always enjoy TIA and especially the Omay episodes for obvious reasons.
Looked like a snare scar around the hyena's neck ??

I have two episodes on This Is Africa on the Sportsman’s channel now. The first one is buffalo and hyena in Zimbabwe. The next is tuskless elephant and is the season ending teaser leading up to the Tanzania safari that will air first next season. Check it out and let me know your thoughts.
It was a heck of a hunt!

Watched the buffalo and hyena episode earlier this evening. Very enjoyable watch. Impressive shooting on the hyena and a great buffalo you got. Really like how y’all showed the villagers getting all the meat from your buffalo and explaining how hunters and hunter’s dollars support and benefit the local communities in rural Africa. Great job
Thanks that was a big part of the fun.

Spoiler alert. Haven’t seen them yet, but apparently you weren’t sorted out by the buff or the pachyderm. I gotta check ‘em out………
I did return to tell the tale!

Watched the show tonight. I have to say even with a couple of replays I never did see that hyena until you walked up on him.

I did say to myself after that first shot on the buff to shoot it in the a$$, then boom.

I do wish that more of these type of shows would show more of the locals and how the meat is dispensed. I watched one a few years ago where they shot an elephant and then filmed as the locals came in for the meat. By the time that they were done all there was left was a dark spot on the ground. It is also too bad that there isn't a way to get those who are against hunting in Africa to see the results of a number of these hunts.
Thanks. Keep watching for my next episode as it will be the elephant hunt.

I do wish that more of these type of shows would show more of the locals and how the meat is dispensed. I watched one a few years ago where they shot a elephant and then filmed as the locals came in for the meat. By the time that they were done all there was left was a dark spot on the ground. It is also too bad that there isn't a way to get those who are against hunting in Africa to see the results of a number of these hunts.
Rewind again. The hyena is clearly visible right when he turns the light on but then it instantly runs away. I will have to brag on that shot. It was super quick, in the dark, and an escaping target! Good fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,