It appears Andy just uploaded this episode to YouTube a few hours ago. I'm watching it now and enjoying it immensely. Great shots by you on both the Hyena and the Buff. York seems like a great guy to hunt with...very affable but hard working.
I was on this same hunt last year. We had a great time, and are both returning this August. Dalton and York are top notch!

I have two episodes on This Is Africa on the Sportsman’s channel now. The first one is buffalo and hyena in Zimbabwe. The next is tuskless elephant and is the season ending teaser leading up to the Tanzania safari that will air first next season. Check it out and let me know your thoughts.
Impressive buff!!! Love the DR using only iron sights!!!

Just watched the episode on YouTube. Great show.

You did a fantastic job on the shooting front. Many people would have never got the shot off on that hyena. Buffalo shot was also impressive through all that brush.
I always advise people in prepping for safari to focus on fast (but not rushed) target acquisition and shooting instead of trying to shoot the tightest group possible from a bench.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Well done all around.

Was able to view on you tube, well done, you really are a natural in front of the camera, looking forward to the next installment, thanks for sharing.

I really enjoyed this episode. @Philip Glass it wasn’t discussed in video but was there a snare on hyena’s neck?

Along with 375Fox's question, how far was that shot on the buff? The cameras really do make it tough to judge the distances.

Great episode! I don’t know how you got a bullet through that thick brush unless you had an opening the camera angle could not pick up.
Super shot on that Hyena!
Congratulations sir!

My episode are finally making it to YouTube. The buffalo hunt is up and tuskless should very soon.

Saw buffalo show! Enjoyed it! Glad you hit him hard through that stuff!

My episode are finally making it to YouTube. The buffalo hunt is up and tuskless should very soon.

Phillip,

I have TIA set up on to record on my Tivo so I see all the episodes. When I first saw this epsoide a few weeks back I did not connect the dots that this was you! Great hunt and loved the fact you hunted with a double!

I am in the process of booking a similar hunt for 2024 and hope to do tuskless and a buffalo too.

Love your hunt on TIA. Immediately saw your name and flashed back to the AH thread where said it would air soon. Great stuff and great shots to put down that buff! Made me want to get a trip planned back to Zim sooner rather than later. Thanks for sharing.

Loved the video. A great fast shot on your hyena. Then the one, two on that great buffalo. Nice job.
I love how it showed the meat going to the villagers.
Having read accounts of hunts with Dalton York, I spoke with them at SCI. They gave the impression of being a class outfit.

I forgot to say how great that shot on the hyena was. Very fast and very good ! Way to go!

Phillip,

I have TIA set up on to record on my Tivo so I see all the episodes. When I first saw this epsoide a few weeks back I did not connect the dots that this was you! Great hunt and loved the fact you hunted with a double!

I am in the process of booking a similar hunt for 2024 and hope to do tuskless and a buffalo too.
Thanks. Don’t delay as tuskless is likely booked up for next year.

Loved the video. A great fast shot on your hyena. Then the one, two on that great buffalo. Nice job.
I love how it showed the meat going to the villagers.
Having read accounts of hunts with Dalton York, I spoke with them at SCI. They gave the impression of being a class outfit.
Thank you so much. D&Y are fantastic. True professionals and very funny to be around!

I forgot to say how great that shot on the hyena was. Very fast and very good ! Way to go!
Thanks Rick! I was tuned in and ready for this hunt. I wish I could say I always shoot like that.
In SA now. Crushed a buff in the same manner here in the mountains. Report to come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shoppursue

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you