on a lighter note...

A few comments on this one but it was common when we were younger. I remember as kids ( in "57or "58) all in the back of an old chev truck going to the football that was being played about 50 mile from home and in sub zero temps.
We road in the back every chance we got. Also stood on the front seat as toddlers while parents drove, laid in the back window, jumped on a steer’s back (never ever made it to 8 seconds), rode bikes without helmets, swung from the ropes in the rafters of the barn, and a myriad of other unsafe things. Truly a wonder we survived it all. ;)
 
We road in the back every chance we got. Also stood on the front seat as toddlers while parents drove, laid in the back window, jumped on a steer’s back (never ever made it to 8 seconds), rode bikes without helmets, swung from the ropes in the rafters of the barn, and a myriad of other unsafe things. Truly a wonder we survived it all. ;)
Bend the front up on a piece of corrugated iron and use it to sled down a wet grassy hill.
It really was a case of doing whatever you could think of to chase boundaries ot adrenalin and most times it was great fun. Never had a broken bone or serious cut although I did have a bit of a brush with silly games at about 12 year old when I hooked the edge of a spade through the loop on wire round a tre branch. It was where they would hang the pulley when killing farm animals for the table. Was great fun till the spade worked itself out of the loop and I had the corner of the thing drive into my head. Bit of concussion and that was it but learned a bit about angles of hold for a swinging spade. :giggle: :giggle:
Still inclined to the same mindset where I will try whatever seems to have reasonable odds of being successfull
 
We rode in the back, sitting on the sides, and on the running boards of trucks. Jumping off the roof of a building and grabbing a tree limb playing Tarzan. Jumping from the hayloft into pile of hay on the barn floor. Sliding on a piece of cardboard on the crust. Great fun until the cardboard went under the barbwire fence and I went over it. The wire was just high enough above the snow so the cardboard went under instead of riding over as I had planned. I came to an abrupt stop snagged on the wire. Mom was not too pleased with the rips in my jacket.
 
IMG-20211021-WA0003.jpg
 
We road in the back every chance we got. Also stood on the front seat as toddlers while parents drove, laid in the back window, jumped on a steer’s back (never ever made it to 8 seconds), rode bikes without helmets, swung from the ropes in the rafters of the barn, and a myriad of other unsafe things. Truly a wonder we survived it all. ;)

How people get around here...including seeing plenty of police cruisers and trucks loaded to overflow with people....standard
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,249
Members
169,514
Latest member
ChesterMac
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top