on a lighter note...

A few comments on this one but it was common when we were younger. I remember as kids ( in "57or "58) all in the back of an old chev truck going to the football that was being played about 50 mile from home and in sub zero temps.
We road in the back every chance we got. Also stood on the front seat as toddlers while parents drove, laid in the back window, jumped on a steer’s back (never ever made it to 8 seconds), rode bikes without helmets, swung from the ropes in the rafters of the barn, and a myriad of other unsafe things. Truly a wonder we survived it all. ;)

We road in the back every chance we got. Also stood on the front seat as toddlers while parents drove, laid in the back window, jumped on a steer’s back (never ever made it to 8 seconds), rode bikes without helmets, swung from the ropes in the rafters of the barn, and a myriad of other unsafe things. Truly a wonder we survived it all. ;)
Bend the front up on a piece of corrugated iron and use it to sled down a wet grassy hill.
It really was a case of doing whatever you could think of to chase boundaries ot adrenalin and most times it was great fun. Never had a broken bone or serious cut although I did have a bit of a brush with silly games at about 12 year old when I hooked the edge of a spade through the loop on wire round a tre branch. It was where they would hang the pulley when killing farm animals for the table. Was great fun till the spade worked itself out of the loop and I had the corner of the thing drive into my head. Bit of concussion and that was it but learned a bit about angles of hold for a swinging spade. :giggle: :giggle:
Still inclined to the same mindset where I will try whatever seems to have reasonable odds of being successfull

We rode in the back, sitting on the sides, and on the running boards of trucks. Jumping off the roof of a building and grabbing a tree limb playing Tarzan. Jumping from the hayloft into pile of hay on the barn floor. Sliding on a piece of cardboard on the crust. Great fun until the cardboard went under the barbwire fence and I went over it. The wire was just high enough above the snow so the cardboard went under instead of riding over as I had planned. I came to an abrupt stop snagged on the wire. Mom was not too pleased with the rips in my jacket.

IMG-20211021-WA0003.jpg

How people get around here...including seeing plenty of police cruisers and trucks loaded to overflow with people....standard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maya Rani

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross