on a lighter note...

359349668_10230409771138196_1696571653472284049_n.jpg
 
View attachment 548339

LOMAO...this actually happened....
Back during our military years;
We had just arrived back to Ft Bragg, NC the night before.

At breakfast the next morning we were doing our normal routine, when we over heard a couple of other nearby soldiers talking about what they had heard...at first we thought it was just another "rumor has it" BS. From time to time we'd catch bits and pieces of their conversations and soon realized they were talking about us.

Well..."X" being the fellow he is....looked over at them and asked where [they] heard that and who are these guys you're talking about...wanting to hear more "X" kept asking these soldiers questions and this one soldier at the other table just kept adding BS to the BS tales he was telling.

Well as these other soldiers were leaving, a soldier who actually knew us called out by name 2 of our group's names and were need "upstairs", referring wanted up at headquarters.

The astonished, embarrassed, shocked, however you want to describe the gastly look on the tall tale telling soldier's face was priceless, as he just realized we were the soldiers he was talking about.

We LOFAO all day....We were all 6 feet 6 inches tall, 200 pounds, bulletproof superheroes and we didn't even know it. LOL

The truth is:
Only 2 of our team are 6 feet 2 inches tall, one is 5 feet 7 inches tall, the rest of us are, +/- an inch, 5 feet 10 inches tall. We weren't bulletproof, we just kept agile and by the grace of GOD, Guardian Angels, prayers and hopes, that bullets wouldn't hit us. Only three members came close to being at or just shy of 200 pounds. The rest of us weighted between 150 to ~175 pounds. And even though his tall tales were somewhat wildly exaggerated, there was some truth in some of them.
 
Last edited:
Image1690720338.213789.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,300
Messages
1,572,088
Members
169,492
Latest member
FYTEartha
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top