on a lighter note...

CD8A8D93-BA70-4FDE-91DD-496D70263B47.jpeg
 
I’ll never forget how I was 17 living on my own and I explained to my friends how extended warranties work. I mentioned that my entire means of survival rested on selling as many as possible at Montgomery Wards ”Electric Avenue”. I then gave them basic napkin math of how it works. Clearly my cumulative highschool GPA of 0.34 was too advanced for my circle of friends because they couldn’t understand why they were bad.

A few years later, my circle of friends are then selling a variety of insurance products and they cannot understand why I won’t buy most of those, even though I was an executive at an insurance company.

People do not understand fear, uncertainty, and doubt are powerful tools of mind control.

Just last year a relative was telling me I was a moron being underinsured by his standards and that I should spend an additional $10,000 per year for “peace of mind” with his agency. His eyes glazed over when we wanted to discuss actuarial tables and likelihood and impact of loss. The notion you don’t have to transfer risk if you avoid/accept/mitigate it instead. He just kept pushing whole and universal life, LTC, annuities, and other scams that had the same sophistication of my hustle at Montgomery Wards decades earlier.

Bottom line, people’s cognitive reasoning goes out the window if you can play on emotion which disrupts the brain’s ability to do simple math.
Perfect timing… My wife has a stair lift and they are pushing an extended warranty. I was explaining to her why not to do it, $600/yr on a $3100 item.
 
50 years ago today. Where has the time gone?

View attachment 520425
Anyone that loves Pink Floyd shouldn’t miss a Brit Floyd concert. I go every year. They sound EXACTLY like PF and I mean EXACTLY. Below is a link to dates in the USA and Canada.

 
@Rob404
Reminds me of the time I was asked for a 12 inch shifter. I asked him if he was undoing metric or SAE nuts.
He said SAE why.
I told him mine is no good it's a 300mm shifter and only good for metric nuts.
He walked off grumbling and came back a few minutes after calling me a lot of choice names.
I told him he was the fool for not understanding the joke. We are still friends after close on 60 year and he has never lived it down.

He did return the favour a few years later when I asked him to check the indicators on the truck after I hooked up my trailer. He replied yes, no,yes, no,yes no.
I jumped out of the truck to find out why they weren't working. He replied they are supposed to go like that so people know you are turning, now whose the dickhead.
Bob
 
The Bee releases another Top 40 hit :D


 
Anyone that loves Pink Floyd shouldn’t miss a Brit Floyd concert. I go every year. They sound EXACTLY like PF and I mean EXACTLY. Below is a link to dates in the USA and Canada.


I’ll have to tell my dad, he’s a Pink Floyd fanatic.

I still remember him putting on Pink Floyd while we drove all night through the New Mexico desert with Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall blaring…talk about mess with your mind.
 
I’ll have to tell my dad, he’s a Pink Floyd fanatic.

I still remember him putting on Pink Floyd while we drove all night through the New Mexico desert with Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall blaring…talk about mess with your mind.

Now that’s driving music!
 
You’ve been ticking away the moments that make up a dull day?
With me, it's been more of a fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way..
 
I’ll have to tell my dad, he’s a Pink Floyd fanatic.

I still remember him putting on Pink Floyd while we drove all night through the New Mexico desert with Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall blaring…talk about mess with your mind.
Sounds like a great trip to me! Did you become Comfortably Numb of have a Momentary Lapse of Reason? I know the wrong albums but I couldn’t resist. :E Rofl:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,424
Messages
1,575,845
Members
170,401
Latest member
Noble4682
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top