on a lighter note...

333812361_501118162232075_2224526291139028926_n.jpg

@Von Gruff

:E Laugh:That is hilarious! Wasn’t me. Talk about a fun way to deal with a bad review! The worst coffee I have ever had was not a purchased. :oops:
I made the worst coffee -just one time. Just arrived to the squadron I was posted to. The Chief Petty Officer told me to make an urn of coffee asap for the Chiefs Mess. Well, they were mad because there was'nt any. Okay, hurry up, got the hottest water I could and put grounds in and turned it on. The light said it was done. Well, after they all calmed down, I was told I would not have to make coffee again. Whew!

@Just Gina. I hope you like this story. I was born in Nicaragua, and my grandpa had 3 farms, one of the farms had a huge volcano on the back side that had erupted (more like blew up) in the late 1800s. There was actually about 1/3 of the volcano left, and the farmers planted some coffee shrubs on the skirts of this volcano in the shades of these gigantic trees called Guanacaste trees. I remember as a kid helping out the farmers by picking up the red berries. One in the sack, and one in my mouth, was my way of working. LOL!!!!

The head farmer's wife would dry the beans in the sun, then she would roast the coffee beans over an open fire, and then grind them by hand. Once the coffee was ready, she had this old metal can that she used to boil water. When the water was boiling, she would use her hand and pour coffee into this can and watch the color of the coffee. Once she was satisfied, she would let it boil and then serve it. She used a cheese cloth to filter the coffee grains. No sugar, no milk, nothing, straight black coffee. In my humble opinion, this was the best tasting coffee I've tried in my life, just amazing! Oh, and I was not even a teenager. LOL!!!!

After almost 30 years from not setting foot there, I finally went back, and the funny thing happened when I stepped off the airplane. The first thing that came into my mind was the aroma of that coffee. It was funny and laughed about it. I told my mom what had happened and couldn't believe how your mind played tricks like that. No, I did not have a great cup of coffee like that when I was there. :(

I made the worst coffee -just one time. Just arrived to the squadron I was posted to. The Chief Petty Officer told me to make an urn of coffee asap for the Chiefs Mess. Well, they were mad because there was'nt any. Okay, hurry up, got the hottest water I could and put grounds in and turned it on. The light said it was done. Well, after they all calmed down, I was told I would not have to make coffee again. Whew!

I was a young two stripper and found my squadron commander's coffee cup in the sink. Well, guess what I did. I washed it and left it squeaky clean. That man was furious but laughed it off since I claimed I didn't know not to wash coffee cups. That joke went on until the day I left that squadron. We used to give out a chicken on a plaque for doing something dumb in the squadron, and due to my buffoonery, I won like 3-4 months straight. LOL!!!!!

@Just Gina. I hope you like this story. I was born in Nicaragua, and my grandpa had 3 farms, one of the farms had a huge volcano on the back side that had erupted (more like blew up) in the late 1800s. There was actually about 1/3 of the volcano left, and the farmers planted some coffee shrubs on the skirts of this volcano in the shades of these gigantic trees called Guanacaste trees. I remember as a kid helping out the farmers by picking up the red berries. One in the sack, and one in my mouth, was my way of working. LOL!!!!

The head farmer's wife would dry the beans in the sun, then she would roast the coffee beans over an open fire, and then grind them by hand. Once the coffee was ready, she had this old metal can that she used to boil water. When the water was boiling, she would use her hand and pour coffee into this can and watch the color of the coffee. Once she was satisfied, she would let it boil and then serve it. She used a cheese cloth to filter the coffee grains. No sugar, no milk, nothing, straight black coffee. In my humble opinion, this was the best tasting coffee I've tried in my life, just amazing! Oh, and I was not even a teenager. LOL!!!!

After almost 30 years from not setting foot there, I finally went back, and the funny thing happened when I stepped off the airplane. The first thing that came into my mind was the aroma of that coffee. It was funny and laughed about it. I told my mom what had happened and couldn't believe how your mind played tricks like that. No, I did not have a great cup of coffee like that when I was there. :(
Oh my goodness! What a fantastic story! Thank you for sharing that. That is the coolest memory of coffee I have ever heard. :love:
When I was in kindergarten, I would tell my mother every morning I wanted a drink of her coffee. She always said, “no, you are too little.” I kept asking so one morning she finally gave me a cup thinking I would hate it. Flash forward…here we are :E Laugh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross