Not a hunter yet ... seeking permission

alg22

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have been shooting rifles and handguns as long as I have been married, almost 30 years. Never been on a hunt. But that will be changing.
My wife and her dad were a big influence as they go on a yearly hunt throughout the Pacific Northwest for deer and elk.
Recently, my father-in law has decided his hunting days are over due to health. In his 85 years, he has managed to hunt all the animals he wanted in all the continents of the world. He successfully completed the Ovis Grand Slam in 2005. My wife has had the pleasure to hunt with him. Now it is time for me to step up and start the new tradition. I have a lot to learn. Looking forward to my first hunt next season 2022 unless can arrange something late this season.

In the short term, my wife and I are helping my father-in law to sell much of the gear. Even though we are keeping a fair amount, there is still too much.
Thus I hope to gain permission to share some of these items especially manufactured big game ammo 375 H&H, 416 Rigby to name a few.
I managed to find this site as I was researching some of the ammo (like A-Square 375 H&H) as I have been posting on Accurate Shooter forum.
Again, want to be transparent of my intentions. Hope some of these items are good value and good use for your hunts.

thanks,

Al

Sorry.. just to be clear, are you asking permission to sell on this site?
I can't believe you haven't hunted yet with your wife of 30 years being an active hunter!

Welcome to AHl! Nice to have you on the posting side, looking forward to reading your posts.

Welcome to AH Al!

Welcome to our forum Al. I don't know much about the Accurate Shooter forum, but you have found a gem here. Whether you want to sell hunting/shooting equipment or learn most everything there is to know about hunting in Africa and most of the other major hunting countries of the world. Many of our members have been there and in many cases many, many times.

The Republic of Texas wishes you a warm welcome.

I would caution you on getting rid of very much. This bunch, myself included, will talk you into buying more guns.

If you can remember all the guns you own, you don't own enough.

Welcome to AH!

Best of luck. I hope you fall in love with it. Hunting is a passion that burns deep in your soul. You may awaken something that you had no idea even existed. It's inexplicable. I welcome you to this site, where you will not only find a wealth of information, but a brotherhood of sorts. A word of caution though... There are many enablers on this site... You may end up posting one day that you are looking to buy some .375 ammo for the new rifle you just bought from someone on this site!

Welkom!

Welcome to AH !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross