Northern Lights in South Georgia. Get outside now!!

sureshot375

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Y’all, get outside now. Look north. Take your phone with you. Visible with the naked eye. Brilliant with the phone cameras.
IMG_2713.jpeg
IMG_2715.jpeg

They said even Kansas and Missouri might get a glimpse of it.

South Georgia! Amazing! Cloudy in central Texas. At least we saw the eclipse.

That’s amazing. Apparently the Aurora Australis was putting on a show last night too.

Great pictures! Still waiting for it to get dark in central Alberta. I’m assuming the Northern lights aren’t common at all the the southern states?

Sitting in cloudy weather here in Alaska. Plus daylight another 4 hours

Great pictures! Still waiting for it to get dark in central Alberta. I’m assuming the Northern lights aren’t common at all the the southern states?
Not remotely. They're usually only visible much closer to the poles, but there's an extra-strong solar storm going on over the weekend flinging so much extra particles out that they're interacting with Earth at a wider swath of latitudes.

Not remotely. They're usually only visible much closer to the poles, but there's an extra-strong solar storm going on over the weekend flinging so much extra particles out that they're interacting with Earth at a wider swath of latitudes.
I wasn’t sure how far south they generally make it. They’re a somewhat regular occurrence for us here.

Stunning in Alaska. Twas a bit cloudy.
20240511_015618.jpg

IMG_20240511_001007078.jpeg
Resized_IMG_20240511_001044341.jpeg

Lolo, Montana, my brother took these, I couldn’t see them from my bar stool in Alder.

Was a good show here on Van Isle BC last night. Another clear one tonight, lots who missed the show last night may have another chance tonight. Did not wave and move like it does way up north. But still worth staying up to see.

MB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanvanwoerkens

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani