Northern Lights in South Georgia. Get outside now!!

sureshot375

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Y’all, get outside now. Look north. Take your phone with you. Visible with the naked eye. Brilliant with the phone cameras.
IMG_2713.jpeg
IMG_2715.jpeg

They said even Kansas and Missouri might get a glimpse of it.

South Georgia! Amazing! Cloudy in central Texas. At least we saw the eclipse.

That’s amazing. Apparently the Aurora Australis was putting on a show last night too.

Great pictures! Still waiting for it to get dark in central Alberta. I’m assuming the Northern lights aren’t common at all the the southern states?

Sitting in cloudy weather here in Alaska. Plus daylight another 4 hours

Great pictures! Still waiting for it to get dark in central Alberta. I’m assuming the Northern lights aren’t common at all the the southern states?
Not remotely. They're usually only visible much closer to the poles, but there's an extra-strong solar storm going on over the weekend flinging so much extra particles out that they're interacting with Earth at a wider swath of latitudes.

Not remotely. They're usually only visible much closer to the poles, but there's an extra-strong solar storm going on over the weekend flinging so much extra particles out that they're interacting with Earth at a wider swath of latitudes.
I wasn’t sure how far south they generally make it. They’re a somewhat regular occurrence for us here.

Stunning in Alaska. Twas a bit cloudy.
20240511_015618.jpg

IMG_20240511_001007078.jpeg
Resized_IMG_20240511_001044341.jpeg

Lolo, Montana, my brother took these, I couldn’t see them from my bar stool in Alder.

Was a good show here on Van Isle BC last night. Another clear one tonight, lots who missed the show last night may have another chance tonight. Did not wave and move like it does way up north. But still worth staying up to see.

MB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollyVasey

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,