Northern Lights in South Georgia. Get outside now!!

sureshot375

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Y’all, get outside now. Look north. Take your phone with you. Visible with the naked eye. Brilliant with the phone cameras.
IMG_2713.jpeg
IMG_2715.jpeg

They said even Kansas and Missouri might get a glimpse of it.

South Georgia! Amazing! Cloudy in central Texas. At least we saw the eclipse.

That’s amazing. Apparently the Aurora Australis was putting on a show last night too.

Great pictures! Still waiting for it to get dark in central Alberta. I’m assuming the Northern lights aren’t common at all the the southern states?

Sitting in cloudy weather here in Alaska. Plus daylight another 4 hours

Great pictures! Still waiting for it to get dark in central Alberta. I’m assuming the Northern lights aren’t common at all the the southern states?
Not remotely. They're usually only visible much closer to the poles, but there's an extra-strong solar storm going on over the weekend flinging so much extra particles out that they're interacting with Earth at a wider swath of latitudes.

Not remotely. They're usually only visible much closer to the poles, but there's an extra-strong solar storm going on over the weekend flinging so much extra particles out that they're interacting with Earth at a wider swath of latitudes.
I wasn’t sure how far south they generally make it. They’re a somewhat regular occurrence for us here.

Stunning in Alaska. Twas a bit cloudy.
20240511_015618.jpg

IMG_20240511_001007078.jpeg
Resized_IMG_20240511_001044341.jpeg

Lolo, Montana, my brother took these, I couldn’t see them from my bar stool in Alder.

Was a good show here on Van Isle BC last night. Another clear one tonight, lots who missed the show last night may have another chance tonight. Did not wave and move like it does way up north. But still worth staying up to see.

MB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlynSch

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?