No more Yeti's for me

My thoughts on Yeti........
1) can't remember the last time my cooler was exposed to a grizzly
2) never been far enough from civilization that I required ice to last more than five days
3) Igloo marine/Coleman extreme coolers twice the size of a Yeti can be purchased from Academy at about 1/10 of the price and will last 5-10 years if not abused. I'm turning 58 this year and don't plan on living the 50-75 years more for the payout on a Yeti.
4) Never was a cool kid in school so don't need A Yeti to protect my image.
5) damn sure won't buy one now!

State...not star! Not sure what is worse my typing or my eyesight.

The location was not of importance to me. You said world wide alerts, I was merely trying to limit my questions to the USA. I'll ask again, how does this work? Are we relying on Bob the U-Haul guy to initiate the alert? If so, what is the criteria for him to do so?

My memory is that they used modified some of the TSA protocols along with specific questions about the truck usage. I rented a truck a year ago to move 250 miles and wasn't asked any questions. A week later I rented a truck for local use and was asked extensive questions when my driver's license address didn't match where I was using the truck. I know that it was prompted by the Uhaul computer as he traced the screen with his finger when he asked the questions and was very attentive to typing my responses word for word....he also went so far as going online and confirming that the storage unit phone and address that I provided were genuine. I ASSUMED that it was in response to Homeland Security....not the employee as he was really busy and wanted to get to the other paying customers.

My experience may or may not match others...but it is all I have. If you want to check online....I got thousands of hits off homeland security rental truck safety.

The location was not of importance to me. You said world wide alerts, I was merely trying to limit my questions to the USA. I'll ask again, how does this work? Are we relying on Bob the U-Haul guy to initiate the alert? If so, what is the criteria for him to do so?
Phil, just to let you know this is a world wide site, some of us actually do care about more than just ourselves! Please remember it is not all about you.

My memory is that they used modified some of the TSA protocols along with specific questions about the truck usage. I rented a truck a year ago to move 250 miles and wasn't asked any questions. A week later I rented a truck for local use and was asked extensive questions when my driver's license address didn't match where I was using the truck. I know that it was prompted by the Uhaul computer as he traced the screen with his finger when he asked the questions and was very attentive to typing my responses word for word....he also went so far as going online and confirming that the storage unit phone and address that I provided were genuine. I ASSUMED that it was in response to Homeland Security....not the employee as he was really busy and wanted to get to the other paying customers.

My experience may or may not match others...but it is all I have. If you want to check online....I got thousands of hits off homeland security rental truck safety.

It would seem the onus is being put on the rental guy:
https://content.govdelivery.com/att...ts/906925/TSA-Rental-Truck-Brochure-Final.pdf

This is a year old, but it would seem DHS realizes this is a pretty difficult task:
https://www.hstoday.us/channels/glo...o-preventing-the-next-terrorist-truck-attack/

In the end warnings without follow up actions are useless. When a level headed person reads stories like this, one questions the competence of our security agencies at the least and in the worst starts to wonder if there weren't ulterior motives at play.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/23/us/fbi-tip-nikolas-cruz.html

I'm not suggesting we don't have warning systems in place. But I'm very much in favor of the gov't doing a better job with the information it has and enforcing the laws that are already on the books. And I'm also very much in favor of changes to our hypersensitive, ultra PC culture to understand that someone's feelings may get hurt in the gov't doing their job.

Attachments

• TSA-Rental-Truck-Brochure-Final.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 259
Phil, just to let you know this is a world wide site, some of us actually do care about more than just ourselves! Please remember it is not all about you.

No need to remind me of this. My post wasn't about only caring about myself or ignoring others. It was just to limit the conversation to a manageable level. I don't think we can discuss what the world wide alert system and how it's implemented in all countries in one or two posts.

Last edited:
not bad.....11 pages and all about a plastic box.....;).....the eggs are in trouble me thinks.....:D
It keeps us off the streets and out of trouble...mostly.

Imagine what would happen if someone started a thread about, say politics or religion!:A Argue:

Or better yet, how about hunting or ballistics? or even high fence/free range?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg