Newbie from San Antonio

Their is DSC South Texas that is a very active chapter. Their is also Alamo SCI, not as active as the DSC chapter. You can find a wealth of info by attending those chapter events. Their is a lot of knowledge here too.

Not sure where in SA or greater SA you live, but their is also a SCI Hill County chapter in Kerrville and they are trying to start an DSC chapter there too.

Welcome to AH

Welcome to this great forum Trail Rated!

Hi everyone, just posted my first reply in the Defense of Vintage Guns thread, so I thought I’d introduce myself here too. Haven’t been to Africa yet, but it’s the goal. A lot of hunters from South Texas have been to Namibia, so that’s probably where I’d start too.

I’m an adult-onset hunter but I’m severely hooked, and have hunted everything from doves, quail and pheasant up through coyotes, hogs and javelinas to whitetail, axis and black bear. I prefer spot-and-stalk on public land, but there isn’t much of it here in Texas.

Thanks for this great forum — I love hearing hunting stories.
Welcome and you will love Namibia,

Welcome aboard!

Welcome, I am a fellow San Antonian! Are you familiar with the Dallas Safari Club South Texas Chapter! It is based out of SA and has a strong following. Hope to run across you one day, I always like to talk hunting.

Welcome Trail Rated! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

Welcome and please contribute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dianne1092

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.