New to me 7x57 small ring mauser

MS 9x56, the pull weights of your dual "set" triggers sound fairly typical to me. Especially when they are on a well-made rifle. If you don't mind sharing the info, what did this rifle set you back? Had I seen it first, I think it would have followed me home as well.:):)

I
I'm so jealous...
Call Mark at NECG in New Hampshire for claw mounts
I plan on contacting Mark. I had this same issue with my Mannlicher Schoenauer. I decided after hunting with it to just use the iron sights as it is my still hunting rifle. This gun will have more legs so I want to at least have the option for a scope.

An outstanding little rifle and a most excellent trade! I would arm wrestle you for that one. ;) (y)

Mauser triggers 39 Stoeger.jpg

Mauser Stoeger 1939 Page 46.jpg

You got the better end of that trade! Congratz on a very nice rifle.

I

I plan on contacting Mark. I had this same issue with my Mannlicher Schoenauer. I decided after hunting with it to just use the iron sights as it is my still hunting rifle. This gun will have more legs so I want to at least have the option for a scope.

Are we feeling wealthy today?

Ebay

MS AKAH Scope, Mounts.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 8.25.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 8.25.48 AM.png
    948.1 KB · Views: 62
Not that wealthy :oops:

They've really gone up in the past few years, I suspect due to the increased interest in WW2 'sniper' Mausers and WW2 surplus arms in general.

Much of this interest, I believe, has been spawned by video games though some is likely generated by re enactors, those who value history, and combinations thereof.

They've really gone up in the past few years, I suspect due to the increased interest in WW2 'sniper' Mausers and WW2 surplus arms in general.

Much of this interest, I believe, has been spawned by video games though some is likely generated by re enactors, those who value history, and combinations thereof.
I bought a Mosin Nagant carbine in high school for $80. Now they’re bringing at least $250 and that’s in very poor condition and may even be missing a part or two

Wow, what a great deal. Did the gun shop not know what they had? Congrats!

Definitely not driven by hunters. Tactical is the new cool in thing. I had enough of that crap in the army.

The aesthetics of prewar rifles are much more pleasing to me than modern ones with their extra-long forend. A forend that only extends about a third of the barrel is to a rifle what the rule of third is to a well-composed photograph. I will never own or hunt with anything different.

Congratulations

What a sweet little rifle in a very desirable caliber. Even though you plan on using iron sights it would really be nice to have the original scope and claw mounts...
It just begs for a set of claw mounts and a mid range Zeiss scope. Very nice rifle!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you