New requirements for RSA Entry after Travel Ban

I thought I read South Africa requires the test be done by a doctor and won’t accept an at home test? More strict requirement (on paper) than other countries. I was thinking possibly have this test conducted at a doctors office with a letter stating when/where/who conducted it so the results would be accepted. This was one if the few I found to guarantee results on a timeline.

What my understanding is.
They send you the kit. You take to your doctor and have them do the swab. Seal it and sign the paperwork. Then you use FedEx prepaid overnight label back to them.
I am trying to confirm this is good for entry into South Africa. Where I live here in Texas I have been unable to locate another way to get test done without a five hour one way drive to Dallas possibly.
Also there has been no mention of not having to do the test even if you get vaccinated for it.
Looks like even with vaccination for Covid you would still have to have a negative test to enter RSA.

They send you the kit. You take to your doctor and have them do the swab. Seal it and sign the paperwork. Then you use FedEx prepaid overnight label back to them.
I am trying to confirm this is good for entry into South Africa. Where I live here in Texas I have been unable to locate another way to get test done without a five hour one way drive to Dallas possibly.
Also there has been no mention of not having to do the test even if you get vaccinated for it.
Looks like even with vaccination for Covid you would still have to have a negative test to enter RSA.
Look at CareNow. Multiple test sites in DFW area. $150 at most of them but $250 for the 15 minute test at their DFW airport location. Make sure you check them with whether their version of the rapid test at the airport is acceptable to RSA. The rules have not yet been established about vaccination and travel. You get a CDC card that states the dates and vaccine type and lot number when vaccinated. The speculation is that there will be an app like the Mobile Passport Control app. The current studies are promising that the vaccine (at least the pfizer and moderna versions) prevent the nasopharyngeal carriage of the virus. This is a work in progress.

Look at CareNow. Multiple test sites in DFW area. $150 at most of them but $250 for the 15 minute test at their DFW airport location. Make sure you check them with whether their version of the rapid test at the airport is acceptable to RSA. The rules have not yet been established about vaccination and travel. You get a CDC card that states the dates and vaccine type and lot number when vaccinated. The speculation is that there will be an app like the Mobile Passport Control app. The current studies are promising that the vaccine (at least the pfizer and moderna versions) prevent the nasopharyngeal carriage of the virus. This is a work in progress.
Where in Texas do you live?

That’s it. I don’t want to drive to Dallas. I live between Houston and Corpus. Haven’t found a place in Houston yet that can provide in the time frame needed.

This will change.

Covid Consultants have replied to my email.
They confirmed there tests are acceptable and being used for entry into RSA.

I will wait and see what changes between now and Mid May to decide what is best route to go.

Myself and two friends are supposed to be flying out May 22 to arrive in RSA May 23, this is our rescheduled trip from last year. We had to fill out notifications of travel where we work and were told that unless things change we would have to quarantine for 14 days on our dime and unpaid once we return to the states, in order to come back to work. If that’s the case we will not be going again this year...

Myself and two friends are supposed to be flying out May 22 to arrive in RSA May 23, this is our rescheduled trip from last year. We had to fill out notifications of travel where we work and were told that unless things change we would have to quarantine for 14 days on our dime and unpaid once we return to the states, in order to come back to work. If that’s the case we will not be going again this year...
My job was the same until this week. Now I can test as soon as I arrive and return to work With a negative result.
But they will allow me to use my sick hours if necessary to quarantine anyway. I have 600 sick hours so not to concerned.
We are scheduled to fly out April 24th

Here you go.

View attachment 383521
https://www.stagezerolifesciences.com/travel.html

Makes gun clearance assistance fees in Joburg look like a joke.

Searching for the test for the return trip. Now Canada requires negative PCR test before getting on the plane for return.

They have several options for multiple locations in both Joburg and Capetown.
https://nextbio.co.za/nextpath/
Thanks for this, yes not cheap. Hunt is rescheduled to start 19 June and is 21 days. We were/are still planning 15 days car rental and tour after hunt. This is becoming very difficult, we have "vouchers" with SAN Parks and all SA tour outfitters except shark diving, that's $$ is gone as is company.

As others have stated I think I will wait until mid April and see what changes, Toronto Airport rep stated they are working on tests at Pearson for flights. Maybe I land there earlier, get test, board get to SA. I am reading that many SA hunting outfits have plans in place for the self isolation times while waiting for results for the test 5 days after arrival. What a royal PITA this dam Covid is, when hunt was booked I figured I would be almost mounting animals now, not that they had 18 months of added growing.

MB

My daughter was scheduled to fly out of Houston next week for a vacation in RSA with friends she has there. She canceled it last week. Too many "IFs" for her liking, decided it wasn't worth the risk.
My wife and I are still booked for May to RSA, daughter and I for June to Botswana. Keeping our fingers crossed, but I think it's a 50-50 if we actually go.

hey all

so does anyone know do you need another covid test here in sa before you fly back to US??

hey all

so does anyone know do you need another covid test here in sa before you fly back to US??

Not sure. I just saw that as of 1/26/2021 the US will be requiring air travelers entering the US to get tested prior to travel.
From what I can see they are going to require Air Lines to require testing. No proof of test, no fly!!

Still waiting to see how it shakes out

Found an option 2.5 hours from home in Salt Lake to get a PCR test and results in time frame....as long as they hold to their end of the bargain. That hurdle was tough. I hope demand for travel testing makes supply increase.

RSA continues altering their lockdowns which makes me nervous, but there is no way around it. Maybe international travel will be still going in March, but maybe not...or maybe international travel will continue but the country will stop allowing travel between provinces, which would mean no hunt. Who knows. Just keep hoping.

hey all

Yes, Just found more info on CDC page. I have also talked to my PH this morning. He told me that ther eis avaibility of testing within 30 minutes of him. He has hunters arriving tomorrow, and will let me know how the whole testing over there works out

This is from CDC page
1610710503538.png

hey all

Yes the USA will starting January 26th.
Travel Express sent me updated info along with updated travel plans yesterday.
My Ph advises no problem on his end. About 1 hour drive from base camp to have test done.

New requirements for RSA Entry after Travel Ban

Alright so now we know that SA is going to require us all (for the most part depending on where you are from) to require a Visa (even for short term tourism) as well as a negative COVID-19 test. Personally I am unable to get this test without having symptoms here in the states in Texas without having a fever and very specific list of symptoms as well as a negative flu and strep test first. Any one out there have any info on how to make this happen in Texas or more specifically in the DFW area? I’m running low on time as I Depart May 31st to JNB and not sure how I will be able to have the test administered anywhere before leaving. All Info and advice is greatly appreciated!

We have many Ampath and Lancet Labarotories (to name 2) all over SA and you get your PCR results within 24 hours.... Even us who live in small towns

They have done away with the entry and exit forms peteg mentioned...it now has to be done online on your phone etc I think in the 72 hours before arrival time frame. And kept on your phone..tablet etc...this is recent

No sane customs person would trust an at home test. It would be too easy to send a sample from a relative, friend or your dog. The rapid PCR tests are very available (at a cost) and are currently required for travel to Hawaii. I do not understand the reluctance to vaccination. It is the only practical way to get out of this mess. I got my second shot over a week ago without any problems. We have give over 5K doses at my hospital without a single problem.

Problem with that is that it’s not available to all. I’m 72 but in my county they give vaccine to 75 and older!

What a mess! Good luck to those trying to go, I aint one of them. Too much BS for my short temper. Dont be too surprised if our new El Presidente doesnt EO another travel ban for all! Coming and going!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg