New requirements for RSA Entry after Travel Ban

Cody, I’m scheduled to leave for JNB fist of May. My doctor suggested using passport health for the covid test (and any immunizations). Looks like y’all have them in TX as well. I’ve talked with other people that have used them recently and the results where back fast.
Since I’m departing a few weeks before you, I can let you know my experience.
That would be greatly appreciated if you wouldn't mind! Any heads up on potential hiccups would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

I’m planning to return to Africa in 22. Think it will be back to normal then? ! Lmao.....

It’s a moving target right now.
I am always an optimist but I have to be a realist in this case. International travel will likely require the vaccine. I am totally against it in every way but I am an africa addict. If I have to take the vaccine to travel I will wait as long as practical then on the advice of my doctor I’ll take what is the best option. I depart July 24 so I’m not going to worry about it until closer to time. Hoping and praying the world comes to its senses at some point.
Philip

Hey Philip. At your convenience feel free to pm me about the vaccine as a fellow hunter who has already taken the first dose chomping at the bit to travel freely

Also following for interest as I'm scheduled to depart July 2nd for Johannesburg.

New requirements for RSA Entry after Travel Ban

Alright so now we know that SA is going to require us all (for the most part depending on where you are from) to require a Visa (even for short term tourism) as well as a negative COVID-19 test. Personally I am unable to get this test without having symptoms here in the states in Texas without having a fever and very specific list of symptoms as well as a negative flu and strep test first. Any one out there have any info on how to make this happen in Texas or more specifically in the DFW area? I’m running low on time as I Depart May 31st to JNB and not sure how I will be able to have the test administered anywhere before leaving. All Info and advice is greatly appreciated!

Preflight COVID-19 testing is now available for select American Airlines flights. On-site rapid testing is administered by CareNow at DFW Airport with results expected in 15 minutes on average on the day of your flight. The CareNow Testing Station is located in Terminal D (secured side) between Gates D40 and B1.

Canada needs to get moving on this. I am set to leave for Joberg 16 June, so far I have NO accessibility for the rapid test required for entry prior to leaving Vancouver for Toronto then to Joberg thru Addis Ababa. We are getting rumors that some pharmacies may be capable of doing but only rumors so far. As others I am not in panic mode but time does go fast.

MB

Preflight COVID-19 testing is now available for select American Airlines flights. On-site rapid testing is administered by CareNow at DFW Airport with results expected in 15 minutes on average on the day of your flight. The CareNow Testing Station is located in Terminal D (secured side) between Gates D40 and B1.
Be wary of this, the first time I came into Rsa right after the travel ban, they insisted on a nasopharyngeal PCR test. I don’t think the rapid test was or is currently accepted.
I drove down through Botswana to Rsa a couple of weeks ago and they insisted on an original copy of the pcr test, not a printed email copy.

It’s a moving target right now.
I am always an optimist but I have to be a realist in this case. International travel will likely require the vaccine. I am totally against it in every way but I am an africa addict. If I have to take the vaccine to travel I will wait as long as practical then on the advice of my doctor I’ll take what is the best option. I depart July 24 so I’m not going to worry about it until closer to time. Hoping and praying the world comes to its senses at some point.
Philip
Everyone who gets it will see a doctor, pay money, and leave with proof of vaccine. What happens in between depends on doctor selection is if ya get my drift...allegedly...

I am scheduled (re-scheduled is a better word) for a hunt in RSA in March 2021. I have researched up and down, and I cannot find any options that which guarantee me a PCR test result with a hard copy and signature within 72 hours of leaving the country. I called the nearest passporthealth that is a couple hours away and they do not to COVID testing. Right now tests are taking 96+ hours, according to multiple other locations I have called. It may slow down after holidays, but who knows.

If they were willing to use the other faster test, it is zero problem. If they offered an electronic copy on a phone, it is more obtainable, but not a sure thing because it just buys the hours on the plane...except from what I read from RSA govt, they aren't supposed to let you on the plane without a test. It is tough that you could get a positive test and be asymptomatic, but that is just a risk traveler's take now, but the frustration is the PCR paper copy with signature test requirement.

I am looking at this numerous ways, but hope requirements change soon. I haven't booked plane tickets yet. I know Africa is Africa and you may just show up not having results back, or just have them on the phone and they just let you pass, but that is a pretty big risk when you are at their mercy to be quarantined.

Am hoping to hear anyone who has a concrete way of getting those PCR tests in hand that quickly.

Try covid consultants. I've seen them mentioned in other threads. They have an at home test you can do, send it in, and supposed to get results back within 18 hours of when they receive it.

Try covid consultants. I've seen them mentioned in other threads. They have an at home test you can do, send it in, and supposed to get results back within 18 hours of when they receive it.

That’s who I have been in contact with for my June trip. Covid Consultants guarantees test results back in time for your flights. As long as the lab is open for 72 hour window. I was originally set to leave Tuesday June 1. Well Monday is May 31 Memeorial Day. No way for 72 hour test with holiday weekend. Moving my departure up to May 28th. They said no problem having it done and test results back and paperwork done in time.

That’s who I have been in contact with for my June trip. Covid Consultants guarantees test results back in time for your flights. As long as the lab is open for 72 hour window. I was originally set to leave Tuesday June 1. Well Monday is May 31 Memeorial Day. No way for 72 hour test with holiday weekend. Moving my departure up to May 28th. They said no problem having it done and test results back and paperwork done in time.
I thought I read South Africa requires the test be done by a doctor and won’t accept an at home test? More strict requirement (on paper) than other countries. I was thinking possibly have this test conducted at a doctors office with a letter stating when/where/who conducted it so the results would be accepted. This was one if the few I found to guarantee results on a timeline.

I thought I read South Africa requires the test be done by a doctor and won’t accept an at home test? More strict requirement (on paper) than other countries. I was thinking possibly have this test conducted at a doctors office with a letter stating when/where/who conducted it so the results would be accepted. This was one if the few I found to guarantee results on a timeline.
No sane customs person would trust an at home test. It would be too easy to send a sample from a relative, friend or your dog. The rapid PCR tests are very available (at a cost) and are currently required for travel to Hawaii. I do not understand the reluctance to vaccination. It is the only practical way to get out of this mess. I got my second shot over a week ago without any problems. We have give over 5K doses at my hospital without a single problem.

Canada needs to get moving on this. I am set to leave for Joberg 16 June, so far I have NO accessibility for the rapid test required for entry prior to leaving Vancouver for Toronto then to Joberg thru Addis Ababa. We are getting rumors that some pharmacies may be capable of doing but only rumors so far. As others I am not in panic mode but time does go fast.

MB

Here you go.

Screen Shot 2021-01-10 at 10.29.22.png

https://www.stagezerolifesciences.com/travel.html

Makes gun clearance assistance fees in Joburg look like a joke.

Searching for the test for the return trip. Now Canada requires negative PCR test before getting on the plane for return.

They have several options for multiple locations in both Joburg and Capetown.
https://nextbio.co.za/nextpath/

Last edited:
RSA FAQ section on COVID

What are the requirements for the 72 hour PCR test for COVID-19?

Travellers intending to visit the country will be expected to produce a PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test that is not older than 72 hours from the time of departure from the country of origin to South Africa; and be presented before travelling to South Africa. This test must be conducted by a certified medical practitioner and should have the name and signature of the practitioner who conducted such test.

What is the health screening process on arrival in South Africa?

Upon arrival in the port of entry, the traveller will be screened for any COVID-19 symptoms or for contact with people who have been infected with the COVID-19 virus. Travellers will also need to provide proof of accommodation address should they need to self-quarantine at the time of arrival in the country. Should the traveller display any COVID-19–related symptoms or been in contact with an infected person(s), they will be expected to take a mandatory COVID-19 test. This test will be at the traveller’s cost. If the COVID-19 test comes back positive, the traveller will be subjected to a 10-day quarantine at a designated site. The accommodation at a quarantine site will be at the traveller’s cost.

https://www.gov.za/covid-19/models/current-alert-provincemetro

No sane customs person would trust an at home test. It would be too easy to send a sample from a relative, friend or your dog. The rapid PCR tests are very available (at a cost) and are currently required for travel to Hawaii. I do not understand the reluctance to vaccination. It is the only practical way to get out of this mess. I got my second shot over a week ago without any problems. We have give over 5K doses at my hospital without a single problem.
That's asking to derail a thread...right off the top, most vaccines are tested for MUCH longer. Like years. It's also RNA based, did you know the Pfizer warnings include reproductive risk because of that? Its literally impossible to know the full effects of such a thing in a years time.

Everyone is entitled to make their own decision based on risk factors, including the decision that the risks of the vaccine outweigh their personal risks of the virus on their health

That's asking to derail a thread...right off the top, most vaccines are tested for MUCH longer. Like years. It's also RNA based, did you know the Pfizer warnings include reproductive risk because of that? Its literally impossible to know the full effects of such a thing in a years time.

Everyone is entitled to make their own decision based on risk factors, including the decision that the risks of the vaccine outweigh their personal risks of the virus on their health
You have a right to your opinion, of course. Do you think we should test this vaccine for several more years before using it? We have had over 1.9 million Covid deaths world wide and over 370K deaths in the US. How much longer should we wait? The Pfizer and moderna vaccines are based on messenger RNA (mRNA) which is very short lived (hours to days). Hence the need for deep refrigeration before administration. Yes the tests on pregnant women are incomplete. Yes we have not completed testing for children less than 16 years. Yes, at least for now, it is your choice whether to be vaccinated. It may not be your choice to travel in airlines, trains, etc. if you are not vaccinated. Your employees may require it as well. More than half of the spread of the virus is from asymptomatic carriers. Most of them are afebrile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you