New member from Florida!

TackleThis

New member
Joined
Feb 26, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
17
Location
Florida
Good evening everyone,


My name is Forrest and I am new to AH.com! I was referred to you guys by Mr. Wayne from AHR.

As I’m planning my first hunt in Africa for hippo in 2026, I’m always trying to gather information on good outfitters as well as experiences and feedback from those who’ve been.


I’m also a collector of big bore rifles as well! Love them and get all I can when I can! Of course for hunting and practicality I have a Winchester Model 70 chambered in 416 Rem Mag which handles and shoots awesome!


Looking forward to reading and learning the content here as well as getting feedback from members!


Best regards,

Forrest
 
Welcome Forrest, where are you in Florida?
 
Good evening everyone,


My name is Forrest and I am new to AH.com! I was referred to you guys by Mr. Wayne from AHR.

As I’m planning my first hunt in Africa for hippo in 2026, I’m always trying to gather information on good outfitters as well as experiences and feedback from those who’ve been.


I’m also a collector of big bore rifles as well! Love them and get all I can when I can! Of course for hunting and practicality I have a Winchester Model 70 chambered in 416 Rem Mag which handles and shoots awesome!


Looking forward to reading and learning the content here as well as getting feedback from members!


Best regards,

Forrest
Welcome!

Hippo for your first trip to Africa - that’s great! Has it always been a bucket list animal for you?
 
:S Welcome:
 
Nice to meet you guys! I live in Gulf Hammock, FL. About 25 minutes north of Crystal River.
I live in Ohio, but own land just down the road from you close to Cedar Key. The village of Rosewood if you know where that is.
 
Absolutely! I hunt hogs there regularly
Got a BUTT-TON of them on my place.

Next time I'm down there I'd enjoy meeting you. Maybe dinner at Betts Big T in Chiefland. They have the best fried catfish, swamp cabbage and peach cobbler in Florida.

Stick around, you'll like this place.
 
Welcome from Indianapolis, Indiana - the racing capital of the world! ️
 
I
Got a BUTT-TON of them on my place.

Next time I'm down there I'd enjoy meeting you. Maybe dinner at Betts Big T in Chiefland. They have the best fried catfish, swamp cabbage and peach cobbler in Florida.

Stick around, you'll like this place.

Love eating there. Next time you’re down just let me know.
 
Welcome to AH TackleThis!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH Sir hope this great forum contributes immensely to your planning of your 2026 safari
Good evening everyone,


My name is Forrest and I am new to AH.com! I was referred to you guys by Mr. Wayne from AHR.

As I’m planning my first hunt in Africa for hippo in 2026, I’m always trying to gather information on good outfitters as well as experiences and feedback from those who’ve been.


I’m also a collector of big bore rifles as well! Love them and get all I can when I can! Of course for hunting and practicality I have a Winchester Model 70 chambered in 416 Rem Mag which handles and shoots awesome!


Looking forward to reading and learning the content here as well as getting feedback from members!


Best regards,

Forrest
 
Good day! Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome aboard, look forward to hearing more about the hippo plans!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,926
Members
169,647
Latest member
bsmdigitals
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top