New member from Chicago via South Africa

Dan747

Reaction score
Media
Hi all

I’d like to thank you for allowing me join this forum.
I’m based in Chicago as well as South Africa.

Im an avid hunter, my .375 H&H being my go to!

thank you for having me,

Regards
Dan

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to AH

Welcome aboard!

Hi Dan, welcome to AH !

Giday Dan and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to AH Dan

Dan747, welcome to the AH forum! I picked an excellent “go to” cartridge IMO! That’s what I always take to Africa, so I’m a bit prejudice!(y)

Welcome aboard Dan747. That is quite a gig you've got going. I.E. being based in Chicago and South Africa. Nothing like having your employer cover the cost of transportation to and from hunting trips.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. things like what have you taken with your 375 H&H, do you have any near term hunts planned, do you own any other rifles. If so what caliber? What part of South Africa do you live in?

Welcome to AH!

Hi all

I’d like to thank you for allowing me join this forum.
I’m based in Chicago as well as South Africa.

Im an avid hunter, my .375 H&H being my go to!

thank you for having me,

Regards
Dan

Hello Dan747,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH Dan

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome from downstate IL (in the middle of a cornfield near the Spoon River and Walnut Creek)

Welcome to AH Dan!

A0798D2D-A6E4-4A55-84DE-402657DE0243.jpeg
C69C64FD-2927-410A-BD50-1FB350A60560.jpeg
E6835565-257C-4697-B68E-0049C2279AD7.jpeg
Welcome aboard Dan747. That is quite a gig you've got going. I.E. being based in Chicago and South Africa. Nothing like having your employer cover the cost of transportation to and from hunting trips.:rolleyes::rolleyes: Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. things like what have you taken with your 375 H&H, do you have any near term hunts planned, do you own any other rifles. If so what caliber? What part of South Africa do you live in?

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

haha yeah it’s convenient having a free ride to hunt every few weeks!

Ive taken mostly plains game with my .375 CZ 550, including a Split Golden Wildebeest as well as a Roland Ward Waterbuck coming in at 33 2/8” Taken with Jono Joseph of JWK Safaris. The mighty .375 went right through a small branch without deviating-300gr PMP doing the business.

I have Cape Buffalo in my near future (Covid allowing that is) also with Jono from JWK.

thanks again for the welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH what part of Chicago do you live in,,,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GennieHowe

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.