New Member from Canada

Welcome to the dark side, won't take long for the enablers on here to get you to take that new double on an African safari
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome fellow Cannuck. Your journey has just began and there is no better place to gather verified info. Welcome aboard.

MB
 
Welcome to AH! The members here are a treasure trove of knowledge with regards to hunting, firearms, ammunition and everything else. I’ve learned so much from them.
 
Welcome to AH! What did you end up choosing for your double?? Always great to have new members. What part of Canada are you from?
Im from B.C westcoast of Canada, for the double at first I wanted a 500NE but after talking to Ralf (Rep for Heym) I decided to settle for a Heym 89B 450/400 hope it’s a good choice. I haven’t received it yet when I do I’ll post some pictures for sure.
 
Welcome aboard SHIKARI786. What double rifle did you buy, i.e. brand and caliber? What kind and caliber rifles do you already own? What are you thinking about hunting in Africa?
I would like to hunt Buffalo for sure but not too familiar with all the species will have to do some research get some advice. I own 3 rifles 1.30/06 Mauser Rifle and 2. 9.3x62’s.
 
Hi Everyone, don’t know if it’s right place to post these pics and I’m not too familiar with this forum but I promised I would post pics of the Double Rifle I ordered from Ralf Martini once I received it. Here’s the pics:

B0830107-40DB-4EEB-A159-7C1A727E0DE2.jpeg
4F2FF1F1-735D-4098-91D4-778CC7146DBD.jpeg
46DD0BDA-4937-4916-BE52-2C84B20E6ABD.jpeg
AD35D163-1676-4F38-B643-1D477B7B2FE9.jpeg
E7E89EC6-FCE5-4B8C-A7BF-B471F3440876.jpeg
CC5EB302-5AC7-497E-AEE1-EBB8F5CA4B3A.jpeg
4FBBB083-DF35-4733-BE95-35551F9D155B.jpeg
42AF5BA9-464E-46F4-9845-21B20C37ED45.jpeg
801D9E6C-480F-4241-AD1B-436D6E0B059D.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's a beauty, I'd be afraid to take it out hunting but I'm sure that's why you bought it.:)
 
Good to see more doubles ending up in BC! And a 89b at that. Sure it was pricey but what a gun! Not a ton of doubles here in BC but Ralf is the man! If I didn’t buy my 450no2 last year, I know I would of bought a used double from Ralf.

nice Roosevelt elk too!
 
welcome welcome welcome
 
Welcome to AH!
 
I hope you get to hunt in BC with your new Heym double before you take it to Africa. I hunted elk with my .450-400 and it was a great confidence booster when hunting Cape buffalo a year later!
 
WOW! One fine looking double! Cant wait to see how it shoots!
 
Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community. Enjoy the site and have fun planning!
 
Im from B.C westcoast of Canada, for the double at first I wanted a 500NE but after talking to Ralf (Rep for Heym) I decided to settle for a Heym 89B 450/400 hope it’s a good choice. I haven’t received it yet when I do I’ll post some pictures for sure.

It will be Rolf, is a great source of info on rifles, he is the only one in Canada I let work on mine.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,574,032
Members
169,888
Latest member
Sonia16980
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top