New Member from Alaska

Laura AK64north

Gold supporter
AH member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA Benefactor, SCI, DSC, Golden Heart Shootist Society
Greetings everyone,

I've been following Africa Hunting for almost a year now. I have learned much from all you share. I appreciate the hunt reports.

I plan to hunt in Africa next year, and I'll be soaking up knowledge here until then.

My experience is not with hunting larger game, but with teaching NRA classes and the Alaska Concealed Handgun classes as well as bear protection classes to geologists who work in the field here. The most fun I've had is teaching youth to shoot rifles and pistols. For many years my team ran a unique youth program that ran 22 weeks each year once a week with 40 kids enrolled. Many of our kids stayed until they aged out as seniors in high school. I enjoy shooting in our local NRA bullseye leagues and grouse hunting in the fall.

Laura

Welcome to AH Laura! Thank you for supporting our community and have fun preparing for your hunt.

Giday Laura. Welcome to the A H forums.

Welcome.

I also read your post about Cal Pappas and regret what happened. I had no contact with him, but as the owner of big bore double rifles, I always followed his posts on the various forums.

Welcome to our forum Laura. Sorry for you loosing such a friend as Cal. You will love Africa.

Welcome aboard!

Hello Laura AK64north,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Also, Thank You for your kind words and clarification regarding the passing of Cal Pappas.
Cal was one of the most intelligent and most interesting persons I have ever met.

I had known him for almost 40 years (I live in Anchorage).
We met at a gun show, back around 1982 or ‘83 and had been friends since that day.
All of the many people who knew him shall miss him very much.

Kind Regards,
Paul / “Velo Dog”

Welcome to AH Laura,

Greetings everyone,

I've been following Africa Hunting for almost a year now. I have learned much from all you share. I appreciate the hunt reports.

I plan to hunt in Africa next year, and I'll be soaking up knowledge here until then.

My experience is not with hunting larger game, but with teaching NRA classes and the Alaska Concealed Handgun classes as well as bear protection classes to geologists who work in the field here. The most fun I've had is teaching youth to shoot rifles and pistols. For many years my team ran a unique youth program that ran 22 weeks each year once a week with 40 kids enrolled. Many of our kids stayed until they aged out as seniors in high school. I enjoy shooting in our local NRA bullseye leagues and grouse hunting in the fall.

Laura
Welcome to AH

Hello from Dillingham Laura!

Greetings everyone,

Laura
Good evening Laura. For some reason, I missed your post about Cal. Weird.
It was a pleasure chatting with you over the past days. Please stay in touch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross