New Member from Alaska

Laura AK64north

Gold supporter
AH member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA Benefactor, SCI, DSC, Golden Heart Shootist Society
Greetings everyone,

I've been following Africa Hunting for almost a year now. I have learned much from all you share. I appreciate the hunt reports.

I plan to hunt in Africa next year, and I'll be soaking up knowledge here until then.

My experience is not with hunting larger game, but with teaching NRA classes and the Alaska Concealed Handgun classes as well as bear protection classes to geologists who work in the field here. The most fun I've had is teaching youth to shoot rifles and pistols. For many years my team ran a unique youth program that ran 22 weeks each year once a week with 40 kids enrolled. Many of our kids stayed until they aged out as seniors in high school. I enjoy shooting in our local NRA bullseye leagues and grouse hunting in the fall.

Laura

Welcome to AH Laura! Thank you for supporting our community and have fun preparing for your hunt.

Giday Laura. Welcome to the A H forums.

Welcome.

I also read your post about Cal Pappas and regret what happened. I had no contact with him, but as the owner of big bore double rifles, I always followed his posts on the various forums.

Welcome to our forum Laura. Sorry for you loosing such a friend as Cal. You will love Africa.

Welcome aboard!

Hello Laura AK64north,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Also, Thank You for your kind words and clarification regarding the passing of Cal Pappas.
Cal was one of the most intelligent and most interesting persons I have ever met.

I had known him for almost 40 years (I live in Anchorage).
We met at a gun show, back around 1982 or ‘83 and had been friends since that day.
All of the many people who knew him shall miss him very much.

Kind Regards,
Paul / “Velo Dog”

Welcome to AH Laura,

Greetings everyone,

I've been following Africa Hunting for almost a year now. I have learned much from all you share. I appreciate the hunt reports.

I plan to hunt in Africa next year, and I'll be soaking up knowledge here until then.

My experience is not with hunting larger game, but with teaching NRA classes and the Alaska Concealed Handgun classes as well as bear protection classes to geologists who work in the field here. The most fun I've had is teaching youth to shoot rifles and pistols. For many years my team ran a unique youth program that ran 22 weeks each year once a week with 40 kids enrolled. Many of our kids stayed until they aged out as seniors in high school. I enjoy shooting in our local NRA bullseye leagues and grouse hunting in the fall.

Laura
Welcome to AH

Hello from Dillingham Laura!

Greetings everyone,

Laura
Good evening Laura. For some reason, I missed your post about Cal. Weird.
It was a pleasure chatting with you over the past days. Please stay in touch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiamhEngla

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.