New guy in VA

OneGearhead

AH member
Joined
Feb 1, 2025
Messages
21
Reaction score
29
Location
VA
Member of
NRA and SCI
Hi all. I’ve been lurking off and on for a few months now. I finally joined up the other day. I’ve always wanted to do a safari hunt, mainly for a Cape Buffalo. I talked to some guys last year at the GAOS in Harrisburg and got some info. Then, I won and bought a CZ 550 in .375 H&H last week off GunBroker. Getting things in order! Now, I just need to figure out where to go and whom to go with! Haha.
 
Welcome to AH. There are a lot of buffalo hunts out there and you have the rifle for it now.
 
Look at Lou Hallamore at Hallamore Hunts. Hunted with him June '24 in Zimbabwe and is first class.
 
Hello. Fellow new guy bids you welcome. Also a relatively new owner of your same CZ from GB. This bunch is very keen to help answer any questions you have.
 
Hey there. I’m also in Virginia and just booked my first Buffalo hunt for August of ‘26. Let me know if you want to compare notes.
 
Welcome to AH.
Enjoy your research. There are plenty of options for hunting Buffalo in the pages of AH.
 
Welcome to AH!!
 
Good day! Welcome to AH! There's plenty of great outfitters out here. If you need any assistance, feel welcome to get in touch.
Best regards
Johan
 
:S Welcome:
 
Southwest Va. here. Heading back to Harrisburg on Thur. Went to both the DSC and SCI earlier in Jan. Most of the buff hunts at Harrisburg show are in South Africa. Best priced non fenced hunts are probably found in Mozambique. Hope you find what you're looking for!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH!

Sounds like you’re off to a great start—your CZ 550 in .375 H&H is a solid choice for Cape Buffalo. South Africa has some incredible trophy bulls and top-notch hunting ground. If you need advice, plenty of experienced hunters here can help.

Exciting times ahead—looking forward to your journey!
 
welcome welcome welcome
 
Welcome to AH.

I’m in northern Virginia and been to GAOS at least 5 or 6 times. Good show but pales in comparison to SCI or DSC. If you have the means, I’d highly recommend attending one of them.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,341
Members
169,340
Latest member
YoungBarr1
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top