New guy in town

Great point about adding days! Totally makes sense. Thank you!

markm, LOL, Well, at least your socks are new! lol

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard Ken. Please tell us a little more about yourself as it relates to hunting. things like what have you hunted in the past , what kind and caliber rifles do you own, do you reload. Saving a few extra bucks to extend your stay and increase the number of animals in you package will be well worth while. Talk to your outfitter about the possibility of taking some cull animals. Did the Mrs. pick out your new hunting rifle all by herself, or did she have some help?

Welcome to the group Ken.
My first trip was with Kuche in 2017. You will have a great trip with Koos.
I would add to the recommendation to add more days. My trip was a 5 day hunt with three animals and I added Kudu and Gemsbok. I wish I had added a few more days. Africa is so new and so long dreamed for 7 or 8 days would have been better. And I would definitely recommend adding a Kudu. Koos has some great spots and wonderful opportunities for big bulls.
Enjoy the trip and we look forward to you report.

Also, be sure and tell your wife she went to the top of everyone's favorite list here.

Shootist43, My hunting past is nothing to write home about. But that is going to change!! I have hunted regularly since I was 12 and I am now 52, so thats....math. Tons of deer and wild hog! A couple of exotics. but definitely great memories none the less, mostly with my dad, who I lost to cancer last year. He was my best friend and I am truly in mourning. but now I hunt tons of hogs and deer with my daughter, she is now my hunting "buddy"!
I have shot all kinds of rifles my entire life up to an 24" 460 Wby w/ no brake that I sighted in for a friend. I am a firearms instructor, range safety officer as well. I reload....well, everything! Been a lifetime since I have hunted with factory ammo. not sure how that will be looked upon for African game. I reloaded tons of ammo for friends and co-workers. And I have grown to trust my ammo. I like to hunt as close as I can 0-400 yds max, but I have made consistent hits on steel to 1000 yds. Being sniper trained helps, lol.
I have several rifles but nothing very fancy. Obviously sentimental ones from my dad, 2 Mauser 98's he had built, a 257 rob and a 9.3x62...his favorite caliber! The nicest rifles I have had are Weatherby MKV's, Sauer 101, Mauser M12, And a beautiful Winchester 338 Super Grade new model.
And...her idea, and we picked it out together.

Ken, thanks a lot for the additional bio. info. now we know who we are "talking" to. Where do you hunt hogs? I've done that 4 or 5 times, it is an absolute blast. I've been hunting with my boys for forty years. Now we are working on the grandkids. Who provided the sniper training, Uncle Sam or L. E.?

MADcox, Thank you for the advice! I will definitely look into adding more days/ animals.

I told my wife and you made her smile!

Shootist43, I hunt hogs all over honestly. I have taken a lot in Florida, but right now I hunt swamps in South Carolina with great results. In fact I have 3 hogs and an 8 pointer in the freezer right now that I need to get to the taxidermist. Precision rifle training in both military as well as L.E. I was a deputy sheriff in Florida and was military for 12 years.

buckmarkhunter, thank you, I am blessed! I am very excited about the safari, it has been a dream since I was a little kid! In fact, I still love to watch old black and white movies about African safaris! Never thought it could happen, but now it's right in front of me! Love the buff in your profile pic! I can tell there are a lot of folks on here that have TONS of experience. Hope you guys don't mind me picking your brain from time to time.

Welcome and good luck. Definitely practice off sticks. And if you actually get out of Africa with just 3 trophies you’re a better man than I!

I figured it would be wise to join Africa Hunting forum
Probably the best decision you made today! Welcome to our forum!

Welcome Ken and yes you should add days as your airfare is a big part of the expense and you wont even be over jet lag in that short amount of time. The extra days will be money well spent to experience Africa !!

Welcome to AH! I too will be taking my wife to visit Kuche Safaris in June of 2020. I did what others have already suggested and extended my safari to a full 7 days of hunting. I also added 3 full days in Cape Town to visit the vineyards, see the penguins, and go up to Table Mountain in an attempt to make the trip more palatable for my wife. Feel free to send me a PM.

Welcome to AH.
Enjoy your time here on AH planning for your hunt.

Welcome to AH Ken! Nice to have you as part of our community, really looking forward to your input.

Please keep us in mind for your taxidermy needs.

Welcome to the family and the forum @Ken L., you are in the right place! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg