New from Spain

Theleatherman

AH senior member
Joined
Nov 22, 2022
Messages
55
Reaction score
39
Hi, I'm from Spain, I've been a long time forum viewer, but I never decided to post anything until now.

I have hunted in South Africa in 2010, and I have been looking forward to return since then.

In the meantime, I am looking for some hunting in Europe for the spring-summer of 2023, although I have not searched much yet, I would appreciate if you could help me with which countries are the best to go, what wildlife can be hunted on those dates, what are the best prices for large groups, and what outfitters you recommend.

It would be for a family trip, we are six members, four hunters and two non-hunters, the ideal would be to hunt at least four animals, one animal each. But I would also like to go to a beautiful country where we can go tourism after the hunt so that non-hunters can also enjoy the trip.

Thanks in advance and greetings to all of you.
 
Welcome welcome welcome

Sounds like you should come to South africa
Would be great for this group and you will definately have agreat time

We often host groups of hunters and there wifes etc and always make sure all have a good time

Anything else feel free to ask
 
Giday Leatherman and welcome to the A H forums. I cant help with hunt country advice but there are plenhty here who will be able to.
 
Hi Theleatherman, welcome!
I don't understand why somebody living in a Country like Spain, full of all possible game, from roedeer to chamois and goats wants to hunt abroad. Nevertheless, I'll try to help you.
I hunted in Czech Republic, France, Hungary, Scotland, Slovenia and Slovakia (in alphabetic order).
France, next door for you, is famous for her beauties. However, I hunted in a remote Savoy village, far away from tourist attractions.
Scotland: my experience is limited to two small islands. Great places for stalking red deer, but the non hunters may fall in depression.
Czech Republic, Slovenia and Slovakia: see above.
The remaining country is Hungary, where Budapest (beautiful city) offers a plenty of of tourism places, not far from hunting grounds. Having said that, I must add that Hungarians, nice and hospitable people, will charge you for all possible reasons: you have to get an Hungarian insurance, you pay for every time you enter the hunting grounds a.s.o. They don't cheat you: everything is clearly written (not too small) in the catalogs. Another Hungarian peculiarity is the trophy pricing system. Trophies are not evaluated according to the CIC points but on the base of weight (roe, red and fallow) or length (boar and moufflon). The evaluation is preferred by the Hungarians because their deer have heavier trophies.
On the other hand, the system, besides being fast and simple (assessing the CIC value of moufflon trophy is a nightmare) enables both sides (hunting guest and estate or agent) too agree in advance a maximum price (tolerance +10%) for all game except boar, the tusks of which cannot be estimated as long as they in mouth of the natural owner.
Languages: in Central Europe the best known foreign language is German, closely followed by English.
In Hungary a surprising number of people has some knowledge of Italian, while French and Spanish are almost unknown.
I'll try to send you a PM with the price list of an Hungarian agent I hunted with.
 
Welcome to the posting side!! Looking forward to share the site and conversations with you!
My best always
Jaco
Hi, I'm from Spain, I've been a long time forum viewer, but I never decided to post anything until now.

I have hunted in South Africa in 2010, and I have been looking forward to return since then.

In the meantime, I am looking for some hunting in Europe for the spring-summer of 2023, although I have not searched much yet, I would appreciate if you could help me with which countries are the best to go, what wildlife can be hunted on those dates, what are the best prices for large groups, and what outfitters you recommend.

It would be for a family trip, we are six members, four hunters and two non-hunters, the ideal would be to hunt at least four animals, one animal each. But I would also like to go to a beautiful country where we can go tourism after the hunt so that non-hunters can also enjoy the trip.

Thanks in advance and greetings to all of you.
 
Welcome to AH Theleatherman!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Hi Theleatherman, welcome!
I don't understand why somebody living in a Country like Spain, full of all possible game, from roedeer to chamois and goats wants to hunt abroad. Nevertheless, I'll try to help you.
I hunted in Czech Republic, France, Hungary, Scotland, Slovenia and Slovakia (in alphabetic order).
France, next door for you, is famous for her beauties. However, I hunted in a remote Savoy village, far away from tourist attractions.
Scotland: my experience is limited to two small islands. Great places for stalking red deer, but the non hunters may fall in depression.
Czech Republic, Slovenia and Slovakia: see above.
The remaining country is Hungary, where Budapest (beautiful city) offers a plenty of of tourism places, not far from hunting grounds. Having said that, I must add that Hungarians, nice and hospitable people, will charge you for all possible reasons: you have to get an Hungarian insurance, you pay for every time you enter the hunting grounds a.s.o. They don't cheat you: everything is clearly written (not too small) in the catalogs. Another Hungarian peculiarity is the trophy pricing system. Trophies are not evaluated according to the CIC points but on the base of weight (roe, red and fallow) or length (boar and moufflon). The evaluation is preferred by the Hungarians because their deer have heavier trophies.
On the other hand, the system, besides being fast and simple (assessing the CIC value of moufflon trophy is a nightmare) enables both sides (hunting guest and estate or agent) too agree in advance a maximum price (tolerance +10%) for all game except boar, the tusks of which cannot be estimated as long as they in mouth of the natural owner.
Languages: in Central Europe the best known foreign language is German, closely followed by English.
In Hungary a surprising number of people has some knowledge of Italian, while French and Spanish are almost unknown.
I'll try to send you a PM with the price list of an Hungarian agent I hunted with.
Thanks for the reply.

After Covid we wanted to prepare a trip for the whole family, and a hunting trip is the best excuse for that.

You have to take into account the dates, apart from roe deer and wild boar, are there any other big game animals that can be hunted in Europe in spring and summer?

Also, thank you all for the welcome
 
In spring nothing else. In August chamois in some places (e.g. Austria, rather expensive) and red deer in Scotland, although in velvet. However searching like that is not very productive. I suggest you concentrate on a list of interesting preys, matching it with your language skills.
 
Hi, I'm from Spain, I've been a long time forum viewer, but I never decided to post anything until now.

I have hunted in South Africa in 2010, and I have been looking forward to return since then.

In the meantime, I am looking for some hunting in Europe for the spring-summer of 2023, although I have not searched much yet, I would appreciate if you could help me with which countries are the best to go, what wildlife can be hunted on those dates, what are the best prices for large groups, and what outfitters you recommend.

It would be for a family trip, we are six members, four hunters and two non-hunters, the ideal would be to hunt at least four animals, one animal each. But I would also like to go to a beautiful country where we can go tourism after the hunt so that non-hunters can also enjoy the trip.

Thanks in advance and greetings to all of you.

Welcome to AH! I will be sending you a PM (private message) shortly regarding European hunting destinations.
 
Welcome
 
Hello Theleatherman,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
Welcome the leatherman. There is nowhere like Africa, you must come.
 
Welcome to AH!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,375
Messages
1,574,482
Members
170,049
Latest member
097114841
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top