New from NC USA

Parkerpusher

Gold supporter
AH senior member
Joined
Jan 15, 2026
Messages
89
Reaction score
220
Location
North Carolina
I just joined here earlier this year, 2026. I’m ashamed to say that I’ve been reading here regularly since at least 2009 sitting on the couch with a new to me BlackBerry device dreaming of traveling and hunting. My family was of little means growing up, and one of the fond memories I have is going to the “friends of the library” book sale where all the old wore out books were sold. Most summers as a kid I would search for books on travel, or hunting. I still have a small collection from those days that I read and re-read, many of them about Africa. Those books, costing very little at the time, are some of my most valued possessions now and while outdated, they fueled my dreams.

I finally went to Africa for my first time in March of this year at 43. It was one of the most important and meaningful things I’ve ever done, and I’m already planning to return as I’m sure you would expect.

I’m sorry I’ve posted here a few times without an introduction. Thank you all for the many years of reading material and information, and for allowing me now to participate with you.

Warren
 
:S Welcome:
 
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome! Glad to have you here with the rest of us! Are you near Wilmington?
 
Welcome to AH Parkerpusher!
 
A belated welcome to AH! I'm glad you finally made it to an African hunt. I know there are many of us on the site who had to wait until retirement to hunt on a safari. Good hunting.
 
Good day! Welcome!
 
welcome welcome welcome
 
Welcome from a fellow Tarheel !!
 
All the way to the other side of the state in Hendersonville.
Hendersonville is a gorgeous little town. My wife and I stayed at a very cool little Air BnB right in the middle of downtown and woke up to a farmer's market right outside our front door. Welcome!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,450
Members
169,359
Latest member
PatRoseby9
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top