New from Ky

Welcome sir, The buffalo in my avatar was shot in August of 2017 when I was almost 60 years old. No tree climbing necessary! Black death hunting is an incredible experience. Enjoy the planning stages and please feel free to ask any question. My advise above all is the right bullet!
 
Welcome . I prefer .416 Rigby but use whatever you are comfortable using .
 
Welcome Huntdog.
Love the pictures of your first hunt.

You will find many members here more than willing to assist you in the spending of your hard earned $$ on a DG rifle.
Start with reading the forums here about DG hunting and see what sound reasonable to you.
Then you can start to judge what you want/need/can afford...etc.
Another option is using one of the outfitters rifles.
This has benefits and drawbacks as well, which you can read about here also.

Good luck with your upcoming hunt.
 
Welcome Huntdog.
Love the pictures of your first hunt.

You will find many members here more than willing to assist you in the spending of your hard earned $$ on a DG rifle.
Start with reading the forums here about DG hunting and see what sound reasonable to you.
Then you can start to judge what you want/need/can afford...etc.
Another option is using one of the outfitters rifles.
This has benefits and drawbacks as well, which you can read about here also.

Good luck with your upcoming hunt.
Thanks. I have about decided on a CZ 550 in .416rigby . I know there are other fine rifles/calibers,but there’s the whole nostalgia thing. I may look into AHR and get it customized. Hunt isn't until 2020 . Does anyone know how AHR works? Do you just buy a rifle and then send it to them?
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to the family Huntndog!
 
Thanks. I have about decided on a CZ 550 in .416rigby . I know there are other fine rifles/calibers,but there’s the whole nostalgia thing. I may look into AHR and get it customized. Hunt isn't until 2020 . Does anyone know how AHR works? Do you just buy a rifle and then send it to them?
AHR works in two ways.
Buy your own CZ and have him customize it or have him make one from scratch.

I had a CZ before I knew about AHR, if it was the other the way around, I would have him make it from scratch.
A bit less expensive to buy a CZ and have Wayne work it.
However a full custom AHR is totally worth the money and less expensive than most full custom African rifles. (Rigby, Mauser...etc)

Good luck with the rifle and the hunt.
 
AHR works in two ways.
Buy your own CZ and have him customize it or have him make one from scratch.

I had a CZ before I knew about AHR, if it was the other the way around, I would have him make it from scratch.
A bit less expensive to buy a CZ and have Wayne work it.
However a full custom AHR is totally worth the money and less expensive than most full custom African rifles. (Rigby, Mauser...etc)

Good luck with the rifle and the hunt.
Thanks! Gonna check into it.
 
Welcome to AH Huntndog. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.
 
Welcome Huntndog! Don't be shy around here. Ask lots of questions and make some new friends. Enjoy!
 
Welcome to AH, @Huntndog . Hunting over hounds is a very traditional way of hunting, down here in the Eastern Cape. Many PH's here use them for tracking. I get a little bit excited when I get to put my two terriers on a wounded animal.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,437
Messages
1,576,233
Members
170,536
Latest member
KAOLavina1
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top