Narrow escapes...

another one..:banghead:

dd_zps9bb3965b.jpg


[i dont know if this photo is 100% for real -it's 1 April lol]
 

Attachments

  • dd_zps9bb3965b.jpg
    dd_zps9bb3965b.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 294
great action photo

425162_569478899743645_118628826_n_zpsb6aedc3c.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 425162_569478899743645_118628826_n_zpsb6aedc3c.jpg
    425162_569478899743645_118628826_n_zpsb6aedc3c.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 259
..if those ladies get hold of him he'll be in deep shit..!
 
I wonder if anyone other than the Mahout heard the tiny little thunderclap that occurred at the moment that the Tiger launched itself upward? :scared:
 
550600_145225972287745_302760429_n_zps7e08985c.jpg


545476_147758908701118_1903042170_n_zps7e5a51e0.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 545476_147758908701118_1903042170_n_zps7e5a51e0.jpg
    545476_147758908701118_1903042170_n_zps7e5a51e0.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 230
  • 550600_145225972287745_302760429_n_zps7e08985c.jpg
    550600_145225972287745_302760429_n_zps7e08985c.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 229
25692_384619223537_4175071_n_zps081b6285.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 25692_384619223537_4175071_n_zps081b6285.jpg
    25692_384619223537_4175071_n_zps081b6285.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 661

I personally know this feeling.
Mine was a Killer Whale (Orca) within a few feet under the kayak.
You feel very very small...
 
15 miles off the coast in Los Angeles I had a grey whale mother and calf dive under my 17 ft outboard boat (I know a long way to sea in a small single engine boat but that's another story) as they went by just under the surface she rolled and looked right at me with that one big eye! Scared the crap out of me!
 
15 miles off the coast in Los Angeles I had a grey whale mother and calf dive under my 17 ft outboard boat (I know a long way to sea in a small single engine boat but that's another story) as they went by just under the surface she rolled and looked right at me with that one big eye! Scared the crap out of me!

Proportional

Two beer at an AH get together should suck that tale out into the open. 15 miles out :doh2:
 
15 miles off the coast in Los Angeles I had a grey whale mother and calf dive under my 17 ft outboard boat (I know a long way to sea in a small single engine boat but that's another story) as they went by just under the surface she rolled and looked right at me with that one big eye! Scared the crap out of me!

cliffy thats one trophy moment right there ,theres nothing cooler on the ocean than making eye contact with a whale its happened to me a dozen or so times in 28 years fishing ,the smaller the boat the bigger the thrill.
 
15 miles off the coast in Los Angeles I had a grey whale mother and calf dive under my 17 ft outboard boat (I know a long way to sea in a small single engine boat but that's another story) as they went by just under the surface she rolled and looked right at me with that one big eye! Scared the crap out of me!

cliffy thats one trophy moment right there ,theres nothing cooler on the ocean than making eye contact with a whale its happened to me maybe a dozen or so times in almost 28 years fishing ,the smaller the boat the bigger the thrill.how big do these grey whales grow , we have mainly humpbacks which get to maybe 45 feet and southern wrights that make 55 to 60 feet
now these killer whales in a kayak wouldve been spectacular brick, the old pucker factor would ve been way up there mate
that bloke in the picture has a basking shark under him ,it only eats plankton and krill and the spawn of other fishes . but it would be cool to swim with :D
 
Greys get to 50 feet and @ 40 tons weight and 50-60 years old. They migrate from half way down the Baja Mexico peninsula up north to Alaska every year They pass off shore of Los Angeles twice a year. Small boat in a big ocean has meaning. Have a couple other small boat/big ocean stories for another time.
 
15 miles off the coast in Los Angeles I had a grey whale mother and calf dive under my 17 ft outboard boat (I know a long way to sea in a small single engine boat but that's another story) as they went by just under the surface she rolled and looked right at me with that one big eye! Scared the crap out of me!

cliffy,luckely not 15 miles out but still..
398843_560226770668858_709070559_n_zps51db2009.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 398843_560226770668858_709070559_n_zps51db2009.jpg
    398843_560226770668858_709070559_n_zps51db2009.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 214
live bait
 
True,and the walking with elephants,another tragedy in waiting,Ussually traumatized young elephants being trained for this.
And it has happened ,an elephant handler at the elephant sanctuary near Hartbeespoortdam was trampled and killed by an elephant.The excuse is the bull and cow elephants showed "natural behavior towards each other,and the handler fell off and was trampled".
This is the whole point"natural behavior".
 
cliffy,luckely not 15 miles out but still..
398843_560226770668858_709070559_n_zps51db2009.jpg
sheesh, that's a bit masochistic isn't it? :confused:why would you want to push such a big hook all the way through your leg?
Do all you fishermen out there know how to get the hook out without trying to cut it?
 
Yet another "Walking with the Big Cats" mauling, this time from a Cheetah, once again by a supposedly tame cat. This sixty years old woman was mauled while her husband strangely kept taking pictures. This is the second time exact same Cheetah is mauling a 'safari theme park' visitor in their cage. First it was an 8 years old little girl. The Cheetahs are ready to receive more visitors at the private Kragga Kamma game reserve in South Africa if you wish to send your wife or kids......

563834_10152477939323538_674849890_n_zps489d1478.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 563834_10152477939323538_674849890_n_zps489d1478.jpg
    563834_10152477939323538_674849890_n_zps489d1478.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 373
The latest Kruger Park Elephant play toy.
The occupants lived!
 

Attachments

  • trampled car Kruger.jpg
    trampled car Kruger.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
sheesh, that's a bit masochistic isn't it? :)why would you want to push such a big hook all the way through your leg?
Do all you fishermen out there know how to get the hook out without trying to cut it?

ok go on i will bite ,how do you get this big hook out?...:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,573,000
Members
169,681
Latest member
MarynJoees
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top