Namibia Taxidermist, Trophaendienste

Hi again Mark R,

I re-read your report from 6 or 7 years ago (2016-2017) and re-viewed your excellent photos from same.
Looks like I had both forgotten my having read it back in the day.
Anyway now, I have to add that I cannot blame you for your disappointment and very understandable anger.
Perhaps I would’ve been even less professional in my posting of such a debacle.
Wow, you had every right to post your warning, for sure.

As such, I do LOVE this, the world’s greatest forum.
It is the quintessential platform for us hunters to help each other decide who to hunt with and which taxidermists to avoid and which ones to send our hard earned money to.

With that, although Kowas Highland Hunting Safaris is a competitor with Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris, (my employer) there in Namibia —> Kowas shares an awesome reputation with us.
And, I salute Kowas for it.

I hope and pray that your future African hunting trips turn out extremely well.

My parting shot is that personally, I have found that now Trophanedienste Taxidermy, this many years later, has evidently ironed out their issues, as mine and those of my hunting partners experiences with them has turned out quite well lately.

My best regards,
Velo Dog.

Cheers mate. If you follow to the end of that thread, you'll see photos of a much more recent batch of tanned capes. Unfortunately, nothing has improved from where I sit.

I cannot and will never recommend anybody to use their services.

As I mentioned in that thread, in Australia we have the added burden of requiring capes tanned prior to importation. These days, another 4 safaris on, plus many more clients shipments, I have 3 reliable taxidermy tanners across RSA and Namibia that have not let me down.

Regards

Cheers mate. If you follow to the end of that thread, you'll see photos of a much more recent batch of tanned capes. Unfortunately, nothing has improved from where I sit.

I cannot and will never recommend anybody to use their services.

As I mentioned in that thread, in Australia we have the added burden of requiring capes tanned prior to importation. These days, another 4 safaris on, plus many more clients shipments, I have 3 reliable taxidermy tanners across RSA and Namibia that have not let me down.

Regards

Hi again Tim Blackwell,

Yes, I see that in 2022 a client of yours brought to you some capes, tanned by Trophaedienste, with holes and rips through them.

And so, I can totally understand your disgust.

There is no way I can argue against that, can’t blame you at all.

Meanwhile and as I have said before, I do hope your future hunting trips turn out much better.

My Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Hi again Tim Blackwell,

Yes, I see that in 2022 a client of yours brought to you some capes, tanned by Trophaedienste, with holes and rips through them.

And so, I can totally understand your disgust.

There is no way I can argue against that, can’t blame you at all.

Meanwhile and as I have said before, I do hope your future hunting trips turn out much better.

My Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

They most certainly have, thank you. Although I'm yet to venture back to Namibia. One day, perhaps.

I am glad you had a much better experience and are happy with the results. Good hunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdetteBlam

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you