Namibia Taxidermist, Trophaendienste

I used them for my August 2021 Namibia hunt. Four Euro mounts and skins, one baboon skull mount, no nothing fancy or difficult. I had no problems and found them to be professional at every stage.
 
Hi again Mark R,

I re-read your report from 6 or 7 years ago (2016-2017) and re-viewed your excellent photos from same.
Looks like I had both forgotten my having read it back in the day.
Anyway now, I have to add that I cannot blame you for your disappointment and very understandable anger.
Perhaps I would’ve been even less professional in my posting of such a debacle.
Wow, you had every right to post your warning, for sure.

As such, I do LOVE this, the world’s greatest forum.
It is the quintessential platform for us hunters to help each other decide who to hunt with and which taxidermists to avoid and which ones to send our hard earned money to.

With that, although Kowas Highland Hunting Safaris is a competitor with Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris, (my employer) there in Namibia —> Kowas shares an awesome reputation with us.
And, I salute Kowas for it.

I hope and pray that your future African hunting trips turn out extremely well.

My parting shot is that personally, I have found that now Trophanedienste Taxidermy, this many years later, has evidently ironed out their issues, as mine and those of my hunting partners experiences with them has turned out quite well lately.

My best regards,
Velo Dog.

Cheers mate. If you follow to the end of that thread, you'll see photos of a much more recent batch of tanned capes. Unfortunately, nothing has improved from where I sit.

I cannot and will never recommend anybody to use their services.

As I mentioned in that thread, in Australia we have the added burden of requiring capes tanned prior to importation. These days, another 4 safaris on, plus many more clients shipments, I have 3 reliable taxidermy tanners across RSA and Namibia that have not let me down.

Regards
 
Cheers mate. If you follow to the end of that thread, you'll see photos of a much more recent batch of tanned capes. Unfortunately, nothing has improved from where I sit.

I cannot and will never recommend anybody to use their services.

As I mentioned in that thread, in Australia we have the added burden of requiring capes tanned prior to importation. These days, another 4 safaris on, plus many more clients shipments, I have 3 reliable taxidermy tanners across RSA and Namibia that have not let me down.

Regards

Hi again Tim Blackwell,

Yes, I see that in 2022 a client of yours brought to you some capes, tanned by Trophaedienste, with holes and rips through them.

And so, I can totally understand your disgust.

There is no way I can argue against that, can’t blame you at all.

Meanwhile and as I have said before, I do hope your future hunting trips turn out much better.

My Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
Hi again Tim Blackwell,

Yes, I see that in 2022 a client of yours brought to you some capes, tanned by Trophaedienste, with holes and rips through them.

And so, I can totally understand your disgust.

There is no way I can argue against that, can’t blame you at all.

Meanwhile and as I have said before, I do hope your future hunting trips turn out much better.

My Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

They most certainly have, thank you. Although I'm yet to venture back to Namibia. One day, perhaps.

I am glad you had a much better experience and are happy with the results. Good hunting.
 
I’ll be hunting Namibia in just a few months. How was shipping cost in 2023?

Mountaineer:

My dad and I's mounts should be to our doorsteps any day. We hunted April of 2023. Dad hunted your basic plains game and had his skulls dip n packed and some flatskins. I had a pedestal mount of an oryx, two dip n packs, and a zebra rug. I did not purchase the actual pedestal. I will build one myself. I paid $2800 for taxidermy. I paid $1900 shipped to Seattle. And it was another $2200 for Coppersmith to clear my crate and ship it to me.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,313
Messages
1,572,577
Members
169,587
Latest member
MalcolmVan
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top