Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
dallas safari club, sci
Hunted
south africa (eastern cape), south africa (limpopo), namibia
Took my 12 year old son on his first safari and chose L'wyk Jansen Van Vuuren and his Leopard Legend Safari outfit outside Outjo, Namibia. L'wyk's wife picked us up at the Windhoek airport and we made the 5 hour drive with great food and a couple of stops to site see along the way. We hired Reinhardt Bronner as a camera man (because in my opinion you have to film safaris!!) of reinhardtBproductions.com and he was a joy to be around. Reinhardt was great on the spoor as well as visiting around the fire and hanging out with my son. L'wyk's camp is beautiful and first class with great service. We were in camp for a seven day plainsgame and were able to get all of the trophies that we wanted.... 2 great Kudu (both over 50"), 2 nice Gemsbok, a very nice Springbok, Steenbuck, Hartmann Zebra and my son shot a jackal at 165 yards (I think this was his favorite of the animals he killed)!!! L'wyk is an amazing PH and tracker, we tested him a couple times on the tracking part..... Amazing animals and place, like hunting with family.
This was my 3rd safari and I can't recommend Leopard Legend enough. Great hunt and can't wait to hunt with L'wyk again.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH.

Share some of those pictures of your success when you get a moment.

Welcome and cograts on your hunt!

Welcome and congrats to you and your son on a great trip!

Congratulations on some fine trophies and welcome to the forum!
Some pictures would be awesome to see with you and your son! Wonderful you get to hunt together!

Welcome aboard! Congrats on your hunt, we look forward to seeing some of the pics!

Hi John, welcome to AH and congrats on your hunt !

Congrats ! Some of my best childhood memories were hunting with my dad.

What an experience together! Congratulations.

Nice trophies, handsome lad, great memories.........thanks for sharing...................FW Bill

Great trophies! What an adventure for the young man! Tell me more about the rifle, Merkel or Blaser?

Welcome and congrats. I love Namibia cant wait to go back.

Congratulations looked like a great adventure

Great trophies! What an adventure for the young man! Tell me more about the rifle, Merkel or Blaser?
merkel 7x57r

If I had gone to africa when I was twelve years old I would be bankrupt now, lol
I am seriously jealous of all these father son hunts. Great stuff! congratulations!!!

Some fine trophies! Congratulations and wonderful you could take your son!

Very nice and would like to hear/read about your hunts.

Congrats on your hunt! Father/ son safari.... doesn't get any better than that! Memories that will last a lifetime!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg