NAMIBIA: Off To Namibia

Best of luck on your leopard hunt in Namibia Charlie!!... Lady Luck of Namibia smiled down upon me last October with my big Tom- love Namibia and hope to be back this October


Sent from my iPhone using New Forum mobile app
 
Best of luck and safe travels.
 
Shoot straight, shoot often and have a great safari. Looking forward to your report. We head to Namibia in exactly 2 months.
 
Looking forward to the next week and reading your report! Had a great experience with Pieter in 2018. Please say hello for me.
 
Good luck. Really looking forward to your report.
 
Best of luck. Be safe and have a great time.
Bruce
 
Congratulations on making it over Charlie;) Wow those flight changes would be a real mess taking guns...

Good luck on the hunt!
 
Air France did a really nice job getting me to Johannesburg! None of the foolishness like I experienced in Atlanta. We were checked in efficiently and boarded just a few moments later. The plane was loaded with the luggage doors closed and we backed away from the gate about 5 minutes ahead of schedule. Arrived in Johannesburg 15 minutes early actually. With many concerns over the COVID testing and documentation issues I used @riflepermits.com to expedite and as always they had a person meet me at the jetway and escort me to customs. Never seen the customs area so empty and going through was an absolute joy.
Sunrise over the continent of Africa is amazing at 35,000 feet.
0E46FE6C-9F05-46AA-8420-6D3C31CBD6CC.jpeg
 
View attachment 405682Well folks I am finally off for Namibia. Hunt was cancelled last year as was everything and previously messed up and cancelled in 2016 Zimbabwe. Wish me luck And I will share the adventure as I go!
Have a great trip! I will be enjoying it vicariously. No doubt I have missed posts you have made regarding this trip, so please humour me. Where are you hunting in Namibia and with whom? What are you interested in hunting? I take from your inferences leopard is on the list...
 
Last edited:
Probably just south of the DDay beaches , just around the corner of the cotentin peninsula..appropriate for the date...06/06/21
My thoughts exactly sir.
 
Have a great trip! I will be enjoying it vicariously. No doubt I have missed posts you have made regarding this trip, so please humour me. Where are you hunting in Namibia and with whom? What are you interested in hunting? I take from your inferences leopard is on the list...
I am indeed hunting Leopard with Pieter Delport about an hour South of the Capital
 
Back at OR Tambo this morning awaiting my flight to Windhoe and the check in process was very smooth. I got an additional COVID test upon arrrival yesterday at a National Health Services facility on the lower lever of the airport. Only 850 Rand and results were back in less than 24 hours. I did this just in case there might be any difficulties checking in this morn or entering Namibia. Very professional and efficient service from the National Health Services people.
A shout out to my host here in Johannesburg Mr Larry Class and his wonderful family. Thank you Larry for you hospitality and I look forward to seeing you in the states in the future.
 
Back at OR Tambo this morning awaiting my flight to Windhoe and the check in process was very smooth. I got an additional COVID test upon arrrival yesterday at a National Health Services facility on the lower lever of the airport. Only 850 Rand and results were back in less than 24 hours. I did this just in case there might be any difficulties checking in this morn or entering Namibia. Very professional and efficient service from the National Health Services people.
A shout out to my host here in Johannesburg Mr Larry Class and his wonderful family. Thank you Larry for you hospitality and I look forward to seeing you in the states in the future.
it was our pleasure @CAustin , you are always welcome .
shoot straight sir

speak soon
 
FDFC42B2-D71B-4720-BB51-54EBC06FDCCD.jpeg
Not a bad first meal in camp…..about a two pound bone in rib-eye steak cook on the grill. Yum Yum
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,756
Members
169,614
Latest member
westnarvasa1980
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top