NAMIBIA: Off To Namibia

May the Hunting Gods guide you into a successful hunt, and may your aim be true. Good luck sir! Looking forward tor reading more. :)
 
View attachment 405682Well folks I am finally off for Namibia. Hunt was cancelled last year as was everything and previously messed up and cancelled in 2016 Zimbabwe. Wish me luck And I will share the adventure as I go!
@CAustin
Who's a happy vegemite then. Have a great hunt mate and don't forget the BEST post hunt meal before leaving Namibia is a Joe's Beer House.
Bob
 
View attachment 405682Well folks I am finally off for Namibia. Hunt was cancelled last year as was everything and previously messed up and cancelled in 2016 Zimbabwe. Wish me luck And I will share the adventure as I go!
Best of luck!
 
May you have a safe and successful trip with many outstanding memories to share ;) . I don’t know you, but I am excited for you ! This forum is fantastic :)
@Spearheaded
You will be taking your own pictures like that soon enough and enjoying a Namibian hunt.
Bob
 
Anxiously awaiting a story!
 
1FD7BC9D-A811-4A86-8A34-8D22E5790AE7.jpeg
7DB54A04-9686-4C6B-8604-A69C9393945F.jpeg
The top picture is what the ranch property looks like and frankly it’s what I have often thought Africa looked like in my mind. Bottom picture is the train stop that is on this vast property.
 
Wednesday I tried out the guns available for me to use and at first settled on a Remington 300 WSM to hunt bait and plains game but after a misfire on a follow up shot on warthog I switched over to a 9.3 x 62. All the baits were up and had not been visited in about 10 days.
5046D4EC-68DF-4D7E-8124-B6F8145504F1.jpeg

Got this nice Steenbuck 5+ inches and 1 and 7/8 inch bases Wednesday afternoon at 85 yards off hand.
 
We hung a calf that had died Wednesday afternoon at a cattle watering station. Much to everyone’s surprise when we checked it Thursday the cat had eaten the head, front legs, tenderloins and chewed some ribs.
GAME ON
94EED011-0258-4AE9-A9F4-B38FAABCCC27.jpeg
 
We are hunting in two areas one East of Windhoek and one an hour Nothwest of the Capital. Thursday we sat on the bait at Pieter’s farm called Eintracht. This is where the calf had been eaten.
 
Friday morning we went to the other area which takes about 2.5 hours travel time and set up for the day on a hillside looking down into a ravine and dry creek bed with a bait tree loaded.
A7642B2A-F34F-4DAB-81E1-52BC044B6A44.jpeg
E0D7A21A-4576-4D21-B2AC-6A9D7B639F0E.jpeg
848C46C7-426E-492B-B116-DE4CB2E7992D.jpeg
 
So you went and sat all day at a bait that hadn't been hit?...
Had been hit three days before and the pattern of that cat had been to come on the fourth day.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,250
Members
169,987
Latest member
BetCommsa
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top