NAMIBIA: Off To Namibia

This exciting. Hope you take lots of pictures to share! Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

8AFA898C-7922-414E-91E2-485137E9A6EB.jpeg
Crossed over the French coastline Sunday June 6th on the way to Paris. Something just told me to open the window and look out and there it was.

995120A4-3447-4C8F-A0E3-684ED389A2DF.jpeg
The plane I traveled on was an Airbus A330-300. Service on board was not what it once was. Gone are the hot towels, preflight champagne and snacks set out during the flight.

If I may digress for just a moment the whole process of getting a flight to Africa this time was a Delta mess. Frankly if I hadn’t been sitting on 2.4 million sky miles with Diamond status I would not have flown Delta this trip.
When Delta started cancelling the Atlanta to Johannesburg flights I was originally safe with a planned departure of Sunday June 6th. Well like everyone else I waited for the ax to fall and it did. The Diamond status got me the chance to talk with a real person for nearly an hour while she rebooked flights with partner airlines. I even got some miles back in t.he process. I was to fly Kansas City Atlanta to Paris on Delta, Paris to Johannesburg on Air France then spend the night and catch Air Link to Windhoek the next morning. Coming home was to have been AirLink to Johannesburg, Virgin Atlantic to London, Delta to Detroit then back to KC. So trying to go through Paris and London with guns was a non starter for me so I will use the outfitters rifle. Then A week ago Virgin Atlantic canceled their flight. So it was back on the phone with the Diamond Desk for an hour to rebook the return through Amsterdam on KLM.
Arrived at the Kansas City Airport only to get a check in agent who struggled with documents. She couldn’t understand that the South African Health Questions were done online. So she had to call someone in Atlanta to get approvals. Finally tickets were issued with “DOCS-OK” on them. Well I get to the gate in Atlanta and they call for Business Class boarding. I step forward only to be turned back by an agent who says you have to get in line and be verified. I told here that was done in Kansas City but she was having none of it. So I get in line with 270 people to be verified. Guess what…..all they wanted to see was my COVID test results and that I had done the South Africa Health Survey online. Boarded the plane and waited for over an hour to depart.
Wheels up was 1 hour past departure time. Glad I had a nine hour layover in Paris.

The Delta mess is beyond anyone’s control and I am very glad to be on my way to Africa once more!

AEC5D7A8-DE34-45C3-A201-47431107C47D.jpeg
Nothing wrong with dinner if you like eating at 11 pm

Best of luck on your hunt! Will be in touch when you get home.

Good luck Charlie !

Flying is always the worst part of any trip... US carriers have all gone to hell.. even flying business or first...

Good luck with Mr. Spots! Anxiously awaiting the hunt report!

Love Namibia. Where are you hunting and what is on the menu
Outfitter has areas that his family owns both North and South of the Capital. Leopard and plains game of opportunity!

Last edited by a moderator:
F7FC2912-A4ED-4503-ADB0-465BA864B1F9.jpeg
Not many people in the Air France Lounge but they have everything you could want.

Fantastic, I have hunted all over the country and truly love it.

Wish you the best, Charlie :D Cheers:

Have a great hunt eagerly awaiting your report
My trip is for May 2022

Hope you have a great hunt.

Look forward to hearing about it.

View attachment 405704Crossed over the French coastline Sunday June 6th on the way to Paris. Something just told me to open the window and look out and there it was.

Probably just south of the DDay beaches , just around the corner of the cotentin peninsula..appropriate for the date...06/06/21

Travel Safe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianevown

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.