NAMIBIA: My Turn For Mr. Spots

Wish you the best (y)

Have a fantastic journey and get Mr Spots--third time's the charm!!

Good luck! Stay safe and be well.

Well, third time was "NOT" the charm.
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. Very discouraging.
14 days, 2 cats hitting baits and we can not get the timing right to kill even one of them.

This a pretty short hunt report but I can stretch it out.

For what was invested in this hunt, I could of built a nice storage garage and expanded personal showrooms which is desperately needed. Oh well!

Each morning for 14 days, we would go check baits and cameras. Add meat if need be. If a cat hit the bait and ate very little he should of come back the next day, but NO, Roger is in the blind and Mr. Spots is a no show. We went back and forth with both baits and Mr. Spots won.
We did have a collared cat on bait once, Erindi Game Farm boarders the 25,000 acre hunting ranch.

Two nights in a row a leopard came into the river bed next to camp and drank water from a water hole which is lit up, , this was very exciting.

I did see in day light, Honey Badger, 2 Aardvarks, Aardwolf so all was not lost.

Got to show the anti-poaching team around and a few days later they did capture 3 poachers, meat and their belongings and turned them in to the police. The meat evidence disappeared from the holding block. Corruption at its best.

2016 & 2018 droughts have just devastated the area, Roy has lost all his Blesbok, Waterbuck, over half his Oryx herd.
Now rabies is hitting the Kudu hard again. A kudu cow came into camp and entered the swimming pool but got out on her own. She laid by my chalet foaming from the mouth and had to be put down.

To add salt to the injury, the night of the day I left Namibia the cat I was waiting for came back to the bait. Now how is that for luck?

I still have a itchy trigger finger so I guess I'll just have to finish my Tiny 10 with 3 more and maybe do a few of the night critters Bossie is offering.

Will I go after Mr. Spots again, Oh ya! Would like to get one before they are not allowed into the US.

Tough go of it! Sounds like you enjoyed your time in the bush, though!

Sorry to hear that Roger. Leopard are just not plain easy to harvest. Get a hold of me before you plan your next leopard hunt I may be able to help.

Well, crap is the only word comes to mind Roger. Dont know which is worse— leapards or snow geese— both can be emotional roller coasters— guess thats why we like them
All the best jacques

This sounds like the typical situation when hunting leopard. Sorry they were a no-show, but just another excuse to to back to Africa. Next time!

Still, it sounds like you had a good time and that is really the primary goal to me.

Sorry to hear that, but another reason to go back!! Best of luck in the future, hopefully the near future!

Well, third time was "NOT" the charm.
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. Very discouraging.
14 days, 2 cats hitting baits and we can not get the timing right to kill even one of them.

This a pretty short hunt report but I can stretch it out.

For what was invested in this hunt, I could of built a nice storage garage and expanded personal showrooms which is desperately needed. Oh well!

Each morning for 14 days, we would go check baits and cameras. Add meat if need be. If a cat hit the bait and ate very little he should of come back the next day, but NO, Roger is in the blind and Mr. Spots is a no show. We went back and forth with both baits and Mr. Spots won.
We did have a collared cat on bait once, Erindi Game Farm boarders the 25,000 acre hunting ranch.

Two nights in a row a leopard came into the river bed next to camp and drank water from a water hole which is lit up, , this was very exciting.

I did see in day light, Honey Badger, 2 Aardvarks, Aardwolf so all was not lost.

Got to show the anti-poaching team around and a few days later they did capture 3 poachers, meat and their belongings and turned them in to the police. The meat evidence disappeared from the holding block. Corruption at its best.

2016 & 2018 droughts have just devastated the area, Roy has lost all his Blesbok, Waterbuck, over half his Oryx herd.
Now rabies is hitting the Kudu hard again. A kudu cow came into camp and entered the swimming pool but got out on her own. She laid by my chalet foaming from the mouth and had to be put down.

To add salt to the injury, the night of the day I left Namibia the cat I was waiting for came back to the bait. Now how is that for luck?

I still have a itchy trigger finger so I guess I'll just have to finish my Tiny 10 with 3 more and maybe do a few of the night critters Bossie is offering.

Will I go after Mr. Spots again, Oh ya! Would like to get one before they are not allowed into the US.
Sounds like a hunt I had in 2016. Drought in Namibia and a difficult chess game with the cats. It’s getting really hard over there and they need rain. I have studied the Kudu rabies but still don’t understand (maybe nor do they) the exact transmission of the disease. Why is it only in Namibia? I’ve actually seen one as you did with the disease.
Philip

Roger, condolences are indeed in order, but after that it is time to start planning your rematch. Leopards are not a given. You just need to be a bit luckier.

Very unfortunate! If I were you, I would maximize my chances next time. If you want a leopard, save a little more and go to the Luangwa Valley. The Luangwa Valley has one of the highest success rates on daylight cats anywhere. And the wild areas a full with other game to keep you busy between checking baits, and to get baits :).

Sorry Roger, hang in there brother. Gives you another excuse to go back! Good luck on your other adventures!

Roger, condolences are indeed in order, but after that it is time to start planning your rematch. Leopards are not a given. You just need to be a bit luckier.

Even Roy my PH and owner began to question my luck. The last 4 years he is 100% on cats, then I come along. HaHa.

WOW sorry to hear that you didn’t bag him this time.

What a bummer. Better luck next time

Sorry to hear about your hunt. Tough go of it. Better luck next time.
Bruce

Well, crap is the only word comes to mind Roger. Dont know which is worse— leapards or snow geese— both can be emotional roller coasters— guess thats why we like them
All the best jacques

Hi Jacques, figured your spring goose season was a bust because I did not get a call. It did not exist here in South Dakota either. We had a winter this year! 5 foot or better of snow, late thaw then water every where.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois