AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa, USA, Canada
Very nice. I like it when they end with the outward curl.

Scott CWO

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
That. Kudu. Is. A. Stud!! Thanks for sharing your adventure!

machinistbutler

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada Namibia
The bird hunting is very good at Pieters. Guineas seem to be everywhere as well as sand grouse. Countless others that I can't recall the names.

IMG_20180308_045911.jpg

We managed to recover a few bullets. I think only the zebra offered.true broadside shots on the entire hunt, the rest were quarting to or away it seemed. The accubonds performed like they always have for me, very well.

Recovered weights were 190, 178, 176 grains. 260 grain to start with.
IMG_20180321_065754.jpg

IMG_20180321_065739.jpg

IMG_20180321_065725.jpg

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Nice that you got to go to the coast and fish! And the desert/dunes look awesome!

billc

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
Looks like you had some fun side trips. That many seals at one place is crazy to see. I wonder how many sharks were around waiting for dinner.

machinistbutler

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada Namibia
And wow what a smell at that place, ten thousand seals make a bit of an odor!!

TXhunter65

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I bet! Did anyone every put a tape on that monster Kudu???

buck wild

Silver supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo; Mexico; Texas
as already noted- that KUDU is KILLER !! I never get tired of seeing great kudu bulls. What an adventure.

IdaRam

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member, SCI, DSC, Wild Sheep Foundation, NSSF
Hunted
Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, California, Alberta Canada, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Congrats on a wonderful trip and some good shooting :)
WOW, that may be the most beautiful Kudu I have ever seen! A magnificent trophy in every sense.

machinistbutler

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada Namibia
IMG_20180311_105926.jpg
Pieter taped it when we got back and said just under 57 inches. He said not many come out of that area bigger than that each year.

I just know it looked bloody huge when I seen it, there was no mistaking it for a younger one that's for sure! I do not get nervous about shooting, but I will say I was a wee bit nervous with that Kudu in my scope.

Last edited:

AZDAVE

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
Nice well thought out report, the joy and happiness from your adventure comes out. Thank you for sharing and taking us all along with you.

The second important question is did you start thinking on how to get back before you got on the plane home or was it a hour after take off:)

machinistbutler

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada Namibia
Yes I think well before I got on the plane. The more pictures I was showing my wife the more she wished she would have booked with me.

I can see a trip coming up with my wife and son for sure!

Many thanks to the people on this forum and Africanhunting.com . The posts and pictures help feed the fire to book a trip like this. So many positive comments and great attitudes will encourage others to do the same and book their first trip as I did.

Big thank you to member Billc for sharing his experiences with Pieter Delport. He is an amazing PH and did his very best to make my trip the best it could be. He worked very hard to help me take the animals I did. I will always appreciate the time he took to make memories of a.lifetime for me!

I can't wait to go back!

Craig

jeff

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci P&Y
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa in Kwazu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape , Northwest Province, USA Ariz, Nev, Mont, Ida, Ore, Cal, Mich,Wash, AlasKa
Very nice. I like it when they end with the outward curl.
That kudu has it all I wish mine had that shape, my kudu is about the same length but doesn't have the tips pointing out like yours. That's a once in a lifetime trophy!

billc

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
Yes I think well before I got on the plane. The more pictures I was showing my wife the more she wished she would have booked with me.

Many thanks to the people on this forum and Africanhunting.com . The posts and pictures help feed the fire to book a trip like this. So many positive comments and great attitudes will encourage others to do the same and book their first trip as I did.

Big thank you to member Billc for sharing his experiences with Pieter Delport. He is an amazing PH and did his very best to make my trip the best it could be. He worked very hard to help me take the animals I did. I will always appreciate the time he took to make memories of a.lifetime for me!

I can't wait to go back!

Craig

I am glad I could help you with making your pick on your first trip. You had one heck of a trip and took some great animals plus got to enjoy a great trip overall . Good luck getting the family back over with you and enjoying Africa again soon.

Adrian

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
England year round and Namibia x5.
Nice report and superb trophies, thank you.
Do you have any photos of the landscape/scenery/terrain at Pieter's place? I have tried opening the gallery on his site but no matter what computer I use it keeps coming up as needing additional software to view. I would appreciate seeing the hunting country.
Also, is the hunting free range? Fenced? Partly fenced?

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas

I can't wait to go back!

Craig

An now the planning for another trip begins. 57” kudu is very very nice. I have enjoyed reading your hunt report Craig. Thank you for sharing.

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
Great report and I really liked your pictures! Thanks

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
My Perfect Shot Mini edition lists 5 species (or perhaps sub-species) of Kudu. Which one does this Kudu belong to? There are considerable differences in "horn" sizes between the species.

dory

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
New Zealand . Namibia .
Outstanding trophies !
Your Kudu is a monsta for sure .
Well done , you couldnt have dreamed of a better hunt .

machinistbutler

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada Namibia
Shootist I had to Google the sub species of kudu. I just thought it was called a greater kudu but being in Namibia it may have been the sub species Zambezi kudu? I think they get a bit bigger than the Cape Kudu in horn size . All are beautiful animals ! I am very fortunate to have been able to hunt a kudu. Have to thank God and my very understanding wife for the opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Norine6849

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

raamw wrote on neckdeep's profile.
Supply your address so I can get shipping Paypal Friend (no ) fee) is fine
Viral_SIGness wrote on Rifle57's profile.
Great person to deal with. Fast communication and quick shipper!
Sarg wrote on Philippe's profile.
Hello Philippe, did you get my PM that I sent you earlier ?

Regards Mark
raamw wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Can you advise me to properly post pix, sometimes I get it right sometimes not
Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.