NAMIBIA: My First Plains Game Hunt With Eintracht Jagd Safaris

Very nice. I like it when they end with the outward curl.

That. Kudu. Is. A. Stud!! Thanks for sharing your adventure!

The bird hunting is very good at Pieters. Guineas seem to be everywhere as well as sand grouse. Countless others that I can't recall the names.

IMG_20180308_045911.jpg

We managed to recover a few bullets. I think only the zebra offered.true broadside shots on the entire hunt, the rest were quarting to or away it seemed. The accubonds performed like they always have for me, very well.

Recovered weights were 190, 178, 176 grains. 260 grain to start with.
IMG_20180321_065754.jpg

IMG_20180321_065739.jpg

IMG_20180321_065725.jpg

Nice that you got to go to the coast and fish! And the desert/dunes look awesome!

Looks like you had some fun side trips. That many seals at one place is crazy to see. I wonder how many sharks were around waiting for dinner.

I bet! Did anyone every put a tape on that monster Kudu???

as already noted- that KUDU is KILLER !! I never get tired of seeing great kudu bulls. What an adventure.

Congrats on a wonderful trip and some good shooting :)
WOW, that may be the most beautiful Kudu I have ever seen! A magnificent trophy in every sense.

IMG_20180311_105926.jpg
Pieter taped it when we got back and said just under 57 inches. He said not many come out of that area bigger than that each year.

I just know it looked bloody huge when I seen it, there was no mistaking it for a younger one that's for sure! I do not get nervous about shooting, but I will say I was a wee bit nervous with that Kudu in my scope.

Last edited:
Nice well thought out report, the joy and happiness from your adventure comes out. Thank you for sharing and taking us all along with you.

The second important question is did you start thinking on how to get back before you got on the plane home or was it a hour after take off:)

Yes I think well before I got on the plane. The more pictures I was showing my wife the more she wished she would have booked with me.

I can see a trip coming up with my wife and son for sure!

Many thanks to the people on this forum and Africanhunting.com . The posts and pictures help feed the fire to book a trip like this. So many positive comments and great attitudes will encourage others to do the same and book their first trip as I did.

Big thank you to member Billc for sharing his experiences with Pieter Delport. He is an amazing PH and did his very best to make my trip the best it could be. He worked very hard to help me take the animals I did. I will always appreciate the time he took to make memories of a.lifetime for me!

I can't wait to go back!

Craig

Very nice. I like it when they end with the outward curl.
That kudu has it all I wish mine had that shape, my kudu is about the same length but doesn't have the tips pointing out like yours. That's a once in a lifetime trophy!

Yes I think well before I got on the plane. The more pictures I was showing my wife the more she wished she would have booked with me.

Many thanks to the people on this forum and Africanhunting.com . The posts and pictures help feed the fire to book a trip like this. So many positive comments and great attitudes will encourage others to do the same and book their first trip as I did.

Big thank you to member Billc for sharing his experiences with Pieter Delport. He is an amazing PH and did his very best to make my trip the best it could be. He worked very hard to help me take the animals I did. I will always appreciate the time he took to make memories of a.lifetime for me!

I can't wait to go back!

Craig

I am glad I could help you with making your pick on your first trip. You had one heck of a trip and took some great animals plus got to enjoy a great trip overall . Good luck getting the family back over with you and enjoying Africa again soon.

Nice report and superb trophies, thank you.
Do you have any photos of the landscape/scenery/terrain at Pieter's place? I have tried opening the gallery on his site but no matter what computer I use it keeps coming up as needing additional software to view. I would appreciate seeing the hunting country.
Also, is the hunting free range? Fenced? Partly fenced?

I can't wait to go back!

Craig

An now the planning for another trip begins. 57” kudu is very very nice. I have enjoyed reading your hunt report Craig. Thank you for sharing.

Great report and I really liked your pictures! Thanks

My Perfect Shot Mini edition lists 5 species (or perhaps sub-species) of Kudu. Which one does this Kudu belong to? There are considerable differences in "horn" sizes between the species.

Outstanding trophies !
Your Kudu is a monsta for sure .
Well done , you couldnt have dreamed of a better hunt .

Shootist I had to Google the sub species of kudu. I just thought it was called a greater kudu but being in Namibia it may have been the sub species Zambezi kudu? I think they get a bit bigger than the Cape Kudu in horn size . All are beautiful animals ! I am very fortunate to have been able to hunt a kudu. Have to thank God and my very understanding wife for the opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois