Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
British Association of Shooting and Conservation
Hunted
England, Scotland, Namibia and Finland
It's been a long-held dream, but I've just booked my first hunting trip to Africa with Kowas Adventure Safaris in June 2018 to celebrate my 50th year.
It's a non-trophy hunt, maybe with a trophy or two to add to the memories.
I'll be asking a lot of questions over the next few months, as you'll all appreciate that I want to be fully prepared for my trip...but hitting 50 doesn't seem too bad to me!

Last edited:
Congrats on booking! Lots of knowledge to draw from on this site, ask away

It's been a long-held dream, but I've just booked my first hunting trip to Africa with Kowas Adventure Safaris in June 2018 to celebrate my 50th year.
I'll be asking a lot of questions over the next few months, as you'll all appreciate that I want to be fully prepared for my trip...but hitting 50 doesn't seem too bad to me!

My plan was to go when I hit fifty. But, this forum screwed me up, and I miscalculated by a year - went at 49 :LOL:

Have a great time. The folks here are great to ask away!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you have a great hunt. Half the fun is all the planing!

Congrats!!

Good for you! Have an awesome hunt!

Congratulations. Hope time doesn't drag by too slowly for you over the next year.

Welcome and ask away!

Nice to hear and congrats. But I warn you my friend you better start shopping for 2019!!
Too true. Namibia is addictive, great country full of great people and wildlife.

IMG_1747.JPG

Enjoy the ride, the year will pass in a hurry.

I've done that same hunt with Kowas 3 times now.......yes, it is addicting, and you've knocked it out of the park choosing Kowas. They are world class people with fantastic hunting.

Best "BANG" for the $$ ever. You'll shoot a pile of animals for the price of an elk hunt in CO or a trophy whitetail in TX. Took our "once in a life-time" 1st trip in 2002 now headed back next year for trip #5 and a Lion to complete the BIG-6. Don't put your checkbook away, you'll need it again soon.

Thanks for all the replies; a new rifle was bought last year especially for this trip, so I'm going to spend as much time as I can at the range getting used to it, seeing what ammunition it likes and shooting off sticks.
I've been to Africa twice before, but never hunted, and I think it could become addictive very, very easily!

Last edited:
Welcome to the addiction, ask away, plenty of great answers on here. Forrest

Thanks for all the replies; a new rifle was bought last year especially for this trip, so I'm going to spend as much time as I can at the range getting used to it, seeing what ammunition it likes and shooting off sticks.
I've been to Africa twice before, but never hunted, and I think it could become addictive very, very easily!
Just got back from a hunt with Kowas in April. Almost can not describe the hunt and constant adrenaline rush, I am 64 and never shot from sticks , was also using a new gun, get in shape, practice those 160-200- yard shots from sticks and trust your PH, they are AMAZING.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for choosing Kowas Hunting Safaris! We are looking forward to having you with us.

Enjoy creating memories. Half the fun is the planning and preparing part.

GOOD STUFF..what better way to spend your 50th??

You won't be disappointed with choosing Kowas. We just left their place last Monday. This too was my first trip to Africa and I am glad we chose Kowas. I am currently typing this on the Delta flight 201 from South Africa and I am sad that the trip is already over. We spent 2 weeks total with them touring Etosha with Danie and Ansie for the first few days and then I hunted for 9 days with Mathieus and Jacques. Took 11 animals. It was a fantastic trip. If you have the time, talk to them about going to Erindi Game Lodge and staying there for a few days. We overnighted there on our trip to Etosha and the place was amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg