My outfitters closing up shop. Now what?

John J

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Well my hunt to Australia is on hold. I'm not going to go that far for an unknown outfitter that is changing hands. It may be salvageable as the consultant is working with another in the area. My question to you guys is, my original plan was cape buffalo and possibly hippo on land. That changed when the lady got involved so I tricked her into Australia. Now I have no woman and no hunt as of now. The tentative prices I have been quoted are between $17,500- 18,500 for a 10 day buff hunt in Zim and Tanz, hippo if possible extra at an unknown price so far. Is this about right? I need to do some research around here from AH outfitters listed. I'm not sure about the "ranch" hunt but the cost is significantly less. Anyone know an outfitter offering hunts for both animals? Any input is appreciated, John

JJ........sorry to hear of your difficulties. But if you never plan anything, no plans can go wrong. I too am researching a buff hunt on AH. There is a wealth of info here, and I believe the sponsors will deliver what you need and can afford. Replacing the woman may be more difficult..............I wish you the best........................FWB

Well my hunt to Australia is on hold. I'm not going to go that far for an unknown outfitter that is changing hands. It may be salvageable as the consultant is working with another in the area. My question to you guys is, my original plan was cape buffalo and possibly hippo on land. That changed when the lady got involved so I tricked her into Australia. Now I have no woman and no hunt as of now. The tentative prices I have been quoted are between $17,500- 18,500 for a 10 day buff hunt in Zim and Tanz, hippo if possible extra at an unknown price so far. Is this about right? I need to do some research around here from AH outfitters listed. I'm not sure about the "ranch" hunt but the cost is significantly less. Anyone know an outfitter offering hunts for both animals? Any input is appreciated, John

Sorry to hear about your hunt. There will be plenty of outfitters come along with offers to help. Just give them a day or two to see the thread.

Read and compare some AH offers to what you have on the table.
I can think of several great Outfitters that can offer what you are after.

Read and compare some AH offers to what you have on the table.
I can think of several great Outfitters that can offer what you are after.
Yes sir, I don't think I have read any bad reports, however the best I can ask for is another member to reccomend an outfitter as well as my own research. I am not country specific for the hunt, but the prices are alittle high compare to what I have seen here.

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny......

We gotta toughen you up.

We all know that no means no where a woman is concerned, but unfortunately not enough father's have taught their sons that no means f#(& no when their sons say it as well.

The girl friend says, " Johnny honey I don't want to go to smelly old Africa", right there she should have been stopped in her tracks and given " who the hell asked you?"

Are ya with me John?

" I wanna go shopping" and your reply should be, " NO...now get naked"

When she says, " I wanna go dancing"....your reply should be...."NO....now get naked"

When she said that she wanted to go somewhere else your response should have been," NO....now get naked"

Just remember John...... it's "NO", followed by " now get naked" and you just can't go wrong.

We gotta toughen you up.

We all know that no means no where a woman is concerned, but unfortunately not enough father's have taught their sons that no means f#(& no when their sons say it as well.

The girl friend says, " Johnny honey I don't want to go to smelly old Africa", right there she should have been stopped in her tracks and given " who the hell asked you?"

Are ya with me John?

When she says, " I wanna go dancing"....your reply should be...."NO....now get naked"

When she said that she wanted to go somewhere else your response should have been," NO....now get naked"

Just remember John...... it's "NO", followed by " now get naked" and you just can't go wrong.
Hahaha 10 4

John, I offer both those animals in Namibia. Totally free range.

We gotta toughen you up.

Are ya with me John?

Funniest damn thing I have read in a month!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hello John,

I can definitely help you in Zimbabwe. I will send you a PM.

Thank you sir,

Jacques

Halo John....thanks for this opportunity to offer you an excellent Package Hunt as follows:
South Africa 2019
Arrive & Depart: Johannesburg, OR Tambo Airport (we meet you there in person!)
Buffalo (37 to 41", solid hard-bossed bulls only)
Mature Hippo on land in day time! (not a low-budget night hunt on a PAC animal out of Kruger Park)
Minimum 7 Hunting Days, up to 10 Hunting Days (you decide)
All inclusive: $18 500
Add a Crocodile (3.3m / 10+ Feet) for $4000
The above prices covers your complete safari!
Arrive as our guest, leave as our friend....otherwise we have failed you!!!

Either my brother Johan or myself (co-owners of Umlilo Safaris) will personally do this hunt with you
2019 is our 20th year as Outfitters/Professional Hunters....so the reference list is very long
Look forward to your email
Best Wishes
Buff 9.JPG
Hippo 8.JPG
Croc 3.JPG

We gotta toughen you up.

Are ya with me John?

You are my New hero

Hi John.

I sent you a personal message.

Looking forward to your response.

Hi John,
Have a look at my pricing for Mozambique.....
I can discount my 7-day Zambezi Delta Buffalo hunt at the pre-show special price $11250
Regards,
Gordon Stark

upload_2018-12-11_15-37-58.png

upload_2018-12-11_15-38-47.jpeg

Thank you for the replies and PM's. I'm going through them all now. I'll let you know how it all shakes out

That Buffalo package for Zambezi looks like a good deal. Some of those trophy fees are very high though!

Good Day John

Very unfortunate about your situation.

We offer the hunts your are looking for in South Africa and Mozambique.

You are most welcome to contact me rouannel@mweb.co.za

Regards

Rouan

Contact @Martin Pieters Safaris he is a good choice for you.
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.