My Covid vaccination experience

Just FYI. I talked to my doctor last week to go over my blood test result. She is asking if I got my booster. I told her I prefer not to since I have a severe reaction after the Moderna second shot. She said that I can wait until I turn 65. She said Moderna is a little stronger than Pfizer which explains my friends that got Covid after the jabs were taking Pfizer.

None of the vaccines offer 100% efficacy so there are breakthrough cases from them all. Moderna is a stronger dose and may have less breakthrough cases but they still happen.
Is there a percentage data of breakthrough cases? Don't know squat about medicine but my money is on those people who were inoculated and came down with the virus had other things going on, like taking a prescription that weakens the immune system or they weren't perfect specimens of health either.

I was in to see my doc today for my usual checkup. I got the two penny lecture on getting the jab. Told him I was still in wait and see mode, not totally closed to the idea, but not sure its really necessary with my lifestyle and exposure risks.

Docs and nurses are at high risk due to caring for sick people and therefore, could pass something to other patients. I don’t see the irony. It’s not uncommon and that’s why they were among the first groups to get vaccinated to protect themselves and patients. As I have said before, my daughter cares for CV patients at our local hospital and about 98% of those patients are not vaccinated

I got some bad news today about a close friend of 35 years who teased me about getting the shots. He was evacuated by helicopter a few days ago from his home in the mountains. His condition has worsened and he is now on a ventilator and unconscious. He thought he was insulated from COVID by living in a remote area. His ex wife came up for a visit (they only divorced because she couldn’t live up there anymore and he wouldn’t leave) and gave him COVID. She was on a ventilator and is now off it and in a rehab hospital. Perhaps you should reevaluate your belief that you are also insulated from COVID. We don’t always agree on everything on this forum but I would hate for you to get sick. We agree more than we disagree about most things in life.
Sorry about your friend, but he came by it thru a visit from a sick person. Had that person not showed up, he would not be infected most likely.
While I dont live in the mountains, I also dont fraternize much with folks, live in a very small town. Dont go to events, never did, dont go to sports games, or movies and pretty much stick close to home especially for the last year and a half.
I am also careful about staying clean, hand washing, masking etc. I have not worn a mask outdoors since this began either, I go for walks locally and breathe in the fresh air.
I just got the old fart flu shot last week as I have every year for the last 20 or so.
And I still see the irony of what I posted above.
YMMV

Since I started this thread back in February, I thought I would provide an update. I got my booster shot of Moderna vaccine Monday afternoon. Similar to what I reported in February after getting the second shot of Moderna, I did have some soreness in my arm and some achy feeling Monday evening and most of Tuesday, but much milder compared to what I reported in February. Today, Wednesday, I'm 100% and just went to the rifle range to zero my new Model 70, 270 Win. All is well.

Got my booster of Moderna yesterday and am very achey and tired today.

My sis and bro-in-law decided not to take it. She caught it from 4 yo kids in her Sunday school class. Promptly took it home and gave it to hubby. Such a sharing wifey! She was done and over it in 5 days. Him, just returned home from a month in the hospital and rehab. Has to use a walker now. Granted he suffers from inherited lung issues. His dad died of chronic pneumonia when he was 18. He always had breathing issues when they visited us at 9,000 and now 5,000 feet.

Is there a percentage data of breakthrough cases? Don't know squat about medicine but my money is on those people who were inoculated and came down with the virus had other things going on, like taking a prescription that weakens the immune system or they weren't perfect specimens of health either.
In my neck of the woods, the majority of patients are now those who did not get inoculated. Those with vaccines that do get infected seem to avoid the worst of it. A few obviously get sick but I don't see stats on outcome yet. I would also be interested in knowing which vaccines are linked to those that don't do well. There are a lot of nuances that I think need to come out yet.

I can't get the booster or a flu shot until Nov.16. I was fully vaccinated with Moderna and had a breakthrough case of covid. Beings I'm 70 they gave me the regeneron monoclonal antibody infusion. It immediately knock out my symptoms but was told to wait 90 days for any flu or covid booster.

Spoke with a 64 yo male relative today. Six weeks going on and he's got a couple more days to go on oxygen. Was an uber active guy, dirt bikes, rock climbing, hot rods and a world traveler. Told me he had been around guys at work that he interacted with that had went out with the virus. He figured after all this time, his natural immunity was serving him well. Evidently he came down with the variant and eventually wound up in the hospital for six days and almost checked out. He was treated with the monoclonal antibody treatment. Not an anti-vaxxer, just overconfident, he just put off getting the vaccine. His wife was inoculated and around him all the time he was home and before he was hospitalized. She didn't get sick or tested positive. Everyone makes their bed and has to lie in it but he told me not getting the shot was the dumbest thing he had ever done. EMMV

My stepdaughter had Covid, was fully vaccinated and then last week got the Delta variant. Was sick for a week, but she smokes. A guy I work with is vaccinated but his wife wasn’t. She refused to be vaccinated. She got Covid last week along with their 9yoa son. He tested negative, go figure? She was very sick for ten days, but is ok now. Their son had only cold like symptoms. Crazy stuff!

Continuing Covid saga: Yesterday, I went to my gunsmith to have some night sights installed on my duty Glock 22. I haven't been there in several months. He's sitting at his desk on oxygen and tells me he just got out of the hospital after two weeks and is recovering from Covid. Then he tells me his 69 yoa gunsmith co-worker Jeff just DIED from Covid. Jeff has worked with him for 22 years. The gunsmith, his wife and Jeff apparently all contracted Covid at a gun show in Denver where he sells guns. They were eating lunch at a table with a friend who later was diagnosed with Covid and apparently they all contracted it from him (or so they think). Apparently, they were all unvaccinated. Off this topic, but he then tells me he's going out out of business because the landlord wants to increase his rent because he can get more rent money from the marijuana sellers. "When it rains, it pours" (his words). I feel so sorry for him. He's a really nice guy. His shop is jam packed with equipment and STUFF. I guess I should offer to help him move. It's daunting and so very tragic.

Last edited:
Got the two Modernas 7+ months ago. Got the Moderna booster three days ago. I asked about the Moderna relative doses after an acquaintance who works in the field of international immunology mentioned Moderna's second regular shot was a little heavier than it should have been.... which may account for why so many had a flu-like reaction to the second shot, including me. I was really sick for a day after the second shot. I also asked about the mix and match possibility with Pfizer. The local "shot administrator" said the more effective booster is Moderna no matter if Modern or Pfizer were the first two shots. Also said the realive doses for Moderns is: 50-50-25. I was only moderately sick the day after the booster with aches, headache and slight fever. Anecdotally makes sense after being really sick after the Moderna second shot.

As an aside, my 16 year old stepson and 18 year old stepdaughter have both had 2 Pfizer shots. I am certain my stepson had Covid mid last year with complete loss of taste for about 10 days but with no other gross symptoms. Except for part of the first semester of school last year, both have been full time, in person students, thank goodness! IMO, the remote, online learning (non learning cluster flp) school mandate is really nothing more than a perverse demonstration of political power at all levels of gov.

Got the two Modernas 7+ months ago. Got the Moderna booster three days ago. I asked about the Moderna relative doses after an acquaintance who works in the field of international immunology mentioned Moderna's second regular shot was a little heavier than it should have been.... which may account for why so many had a flu-like reaction to the second shot, including me. I was really sick for a day after the second shot. I also asked about the mix and match possibility with Pfizer. The local "shot administrator" said the more effective booster is Moderna no matter if Modern or Pfizer were the first two shots. Also said the realive doses for Moderns is: 50-50-25. I was only moderately sick the day after the booster with aches, headache and slight fever. Anecdotally makes sense after being really sick after the Moderna second shot.

As an aside, my 16 year old stepson and 18 year old stepdaughter have both had 2 Pfizer shots. I am certain my stepson had Covid mid last year with complete loss of taste for about 10 days but with no other gross symptoms. Except for part of the first semester of school last year, both have been full time, in person students, thank goodness! IMO, the remote, online learning (non learning cluster flp) school mandate is really nothing more than a perverse demonstration of political power at all levels of gov.
+1 with being sick for 24 hours the day after receiving the second Moderna shot. I'm not sure about getting a booster yet? I figure that everybody will need a booster at LEAST 8-12 months after the initial vaccinations and/or having Covid. I don't see this going away any time soon. In most areas of the country, we'll never see even 80% initially vaccinated and my guess a FAR lower booster rate. The cases already here are starting to tick up and it's not even Covid's "Winter Campaign" yet.

My Moderna booster was three days ago. Original vaccine was the JnJ on April 2.

No symptoms the day of the shot. The day after had some mild symptoms, (somewhat lethargic and out of sorts). Just enough to let me know the jab appears to be working.

At this point all four in my household have had at least two of either Pfizer or Moderna. And no, none of us are under any mandate to get the shots- all voluntary. This gov can shove such mandates! Our two kids have each had 2 Pfizer shots. Neither had much reaction other than slightly sore arms for a day. I'm certain my stepson had Covid a few months before receiving his shots. My wife who is 42 had both Moderna shots earlier this summer with no issues other than a sore arm for a couple of days. I'm 71 and have had both Moderna shots plus the Moderna booster. Really sick for a day after the 2nd shot... then fine. Mildly sick for a day after the booster... then fine. I have no idea if any of us have had Covid other than our boy. So who knows if we have resistance, carry antibodies or have had non-symptomatic Covid that would build immunity... other than our boy. I have resisted wearing a stupid mask, unless literally forced to, since this started and will continue on that path. Tony "The Weasel" Fouch be damned and I'll continue to cringe as I watch sheeple follow him, the MSM and the senile Marxist in charge.

Last edited:
I have not yet taken a covid-1984 vaccine. Every time I think I’m ready to do it, I see more negative reactions and media efforts to suppress public knowledge about it. Last night I watched this interview with Dr Aaron Khariaty, a California physician and medical school educator. He makes several points, the biggest one I take away is that there’s a coercive effort to get people injected, including people who clearly don’t need it.

I haven’t gotten the vaccine yet. But I did get covid in December and if sucked. I’m back to 100%. A business friend of mine just died from covid yesterday. I will get the vaccine when available.

I remain hopeful my July family Safari will happen. Life without an adventure to plan for is dull.
If you got covid-1984, then you have natural immunity, which is far better and longer lasting than any vaccine

My friend of 35 years died two days ago. My whole crew and I are shocked, upset and pissed at the fkn Chinese. I’m also pissed at idiots spreading misinformation about the vaccines. My friend believed that BS and refused to get vaccinated. Now he’s dead at least 15 years too early. He was healthy with zero contributing illness. What a shame. What a damn shame!

My friend of 35 years died two days ago. My whole crew and I are shocked, upset and pissed at the fkn Chinese. I’m also pissed at idiots spreading misinformation about the vaccines. My friend believed that BS and refused to get vaccinated. Now he’s dead at least 15 years too early. He was healthy with zero contributing illness. What a shame. What a damn shame!

I’m sorry for the loss of your friend @Scott CWO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg