My Covid vaccination experience

I had the AstraZeneca vacc last Thursday. Apart from sore arm at injection site, no other side-effects. Get the followup jab in 12 weeks time. I AM GOING TO TRAVEL

I got my 2nd shot on Thursday at noon once again. At roughly the same time yesterday as the first time, the cruds hit me. Fatigue, fever, headache, body aches, etc. However by about 8pm or so last night I was feeling much better and was fine this morning after a good nights sleep.

If this vaccine requires a booster as some are saying, I hope this will not be the normal reaction. I've never had any reaction to any other vaccine before.
In regards to the booster, I think we are in the same pattern or thought process of the old annual flu shot. Hope not but sure wouldn't surprise me when it does happen.
Good to hear you came out of the 2nd shot fairly fast.

My wife and I (both in our late 30s) have taken our first shots of Moderna last week, on Wednesday, around midday. Within few hours, our shoulders got sore. We had gone to bed early that night and woke up quite tired the next morning. On Thursday, after work, still somewhat sore shouldered, I shot an ISSF sport pistol competition (shot one-handed from the non-sore arm). I placed at my usual, mediocre, lower end. By Saturday, we have both recovered and hopped on a plane.
I am writing this report with a piñacolada in my hand and a tropical breeze blowing through the balcony. Tomorrow I shall try a local cigar. I have mentioned this previously, Bundaberg rum sucks; the Caribbean is the place to go for the good stuff.
We had our second dose 48 hours ago. This time we got a bit sick, neither of us could sleep, my Lady had a mild fever and we were feeling sore all over - basically flu like symptoms. My wife was unable to work the next day, and she's not a cry baby We both got better about 36 hours after the jab.

I got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine February and I reported all went well. Saturday, I woke up feeling ill and feverish. I left it run it’s course until the fever reached 101.9. I took 2 Tylenol and it helped.

I got both the Moderna shots felt a little hungover with the second one. That was in late March. Was in Walmart the other day and they had the j&j shot for free went ahead and toke that to to be one the safe side. Didn't have any effects from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received the J and J vaccine....6 weeks ago.....0 issues after the shot. Now, not so sure. Shortness of breath and low red cell count with anemia....hmmm. Showed up 18 days after vaccination.

So whatever came of this? Did you figure out if it was just coincidence and something else was going on or what?

I got both the Moderna shots felt a little hungover with the second one. That was in late March. Was in Walmart the other day and they had the j&j shot for free went ahead and toke that to to be one the safe side. Didn't have any effects from it.

Wow. I wish I could do similar. I had the J&J and would very much like to get a second jab (any of the three) to boost up before my July 15 trip to SA. Several studies (Britt and Spain are two) indicate mixing different vaccines appear to work very well.

I even checked with the NM Dept of Health and my MD. No dice. Everything has to clear through the Dept of Health in NM.

Any advice? I'm not all that far from Texas if the Walmarts there are doing similar.

went to the doctor...did blood work, had an endoscope....voila. Hiatal hernia. Mild bleeding, medication and now much better. Coincidental with the shot, but not related to the shortness of breath or low hemoglobin count. Shot was innocent of all charges

went to the doctor...did blood work, had an endoscope....voila. Hiatal hernia. Mild bleeding, medication and now much better. Coincidental with the shot, but not related to the shortness of breath or low hemoglobin count. Shot was innocent of all charges

Good to hear on both fronts. Glad you figured out what it was and fixed it and that it wasn't the vaccine.

It’s never a good idea to buy a brand new model car the first year it comes out, because it almost always has problems that the manufacturer didn’t foresee because it hasn’t been tested by the consumer.

That is how I personally feel about a Covid vaccine. They say it’s all good in clinical trials, but with every human body being slightly different, only time will tell when they start giving it to the masses.

The vaccine was also a rush job and done in a panic, so that certainly doesn’t help it’s cause.

I would never buy a new model car the first year it comes out, so I’m not going to get a vaccine the first year it comes out either. But one thing is for sure, whoever can produce a lot of it will be stupid rich.

@Probono I saw an article that there are no less than 9 new billionaires because of he vaccine.

Wow. I wish I could do similar. I had the J&J and would very much like to get a second jab (any of the three) to boost up before my July 15 trip to SA. Several studies (Britt and Spain are two) indicate mixing different vaccines appear to work very well.

I even checked with the NM Dept of Health and my MD. No dice. Everything has to clear through the Dept of Health in NM.

Any advice? I'm not all that far from Texas if the Walmarts there are doing similar.
In kansas you can get a shot about anywhere. I never told them I had any other shots. Some people say it wasn't a smart thing to do but studies say not much risk. The grocery store pharmacies also give them here.

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter (14 Y.O.) received her second dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday afternoon around 2:00. She is having a rather "robust" immune response. Woke us up in the night (a little after midnight) with fever and chills, and has been running a fever all day. Last check was a temp of 101.1, with Tylenol actively in her system. We're rotating Tylenol and Ibuprofen now to keep it in check.
Nothing alarming about it though, as they let us know up front that she may have a stronger reaction than her mother and I did due to her age and her younger, more active immune system. She's definitely responded more aggressively to it than either of us did to ours.
We're still happy she got it (as is she), as we'd personally as a family much rather have a little fever and body aches from the vaccine than actually roll the dice with the virus itself - especially with the new "delta" variant running around.

Our governor was on local news yesterday stating that of the currently hospitalized individuals in Arkansas with COVID, all of them are non-immunized. We have had a statistically significant uptick in hospitalizations over the past couple weeks, but according to that report, none of them have been immunized, meaning that at least so far here the vaccine has been 100% effective at keeping recipients out of the hospital / ensuring mild cases of infection.
That alone is worth taking the shot, in our minds.

*Obviously this is an extremely personal decision, and I support the right of free individuals to do as they please in regard to the COVID vaccine. I'm simply reporting my family's opinion and experience.
(y) (y)

My daughter (14 Y.O.) received her second dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday afternoon around 2:00. She is having a rather "robust" immune response. Woke us up in the night (a little after midnight) with fever and chills, and has been running a fever all day. Last check was a temp of 101.1, with Tylenol actively in her system. We're rotating Tylenol and Ibuprofen now to keep it in check.
Nothing alarming about it though, as they let us know up front that she may have a stronger reaction than her mother and I did due to her age and her younger, more active immune system. She's definitely responded more aggressively to it than either of us did to ours.
We're still happy she got it (as is she), as we'd personally as a family much rather have a little fever and body aches from the vaccine than actually roll the dice with the virus itself - especially with the new "delta" variant running around.

Our governor was on local news yesterday stating that of the currently hospitalized individuals in Arkansas with COVID, all of them are non-immunized. We have had a statistically significant uptick in hospitalizations over the past couple weeks, but according to that report, none of them have been immunized, meaning that at least so far here the vaccine has been 100% effective at keeping recipients out of the hospital / ensuring mild cases of infection.
That alone is worth taking the shot, in our minds.

*Obviously this is an extremely personal decision, and I support the right of free individuals to do as they please in regard to the COVID vaccine. I'm simply reporting my family's opinion and experience.
(y) (y)
I hope your daughter feels better in the morning! I agree that the typical reactions are worth the immunity the vaccines provide. It's a free country, but with the accumulating evidence of the vaccine's effectiveness, I hope enough people are moved to get vaccinated this summer to provide herd immunity.

I got my first shot a week ago. Resulted in only a very sore upper left arm after about 8 hours. Will report back on shot 2 in 3 weeks.

The wife and I get our 2nd shots tomorrow morning. A little nervous about reactions but neither of us experienced anything after our 1st shots except sore arms. Thursday is our Canada Day holiday, so hopefully I'm not laid up for it!

Well I had no reaction to my second shot of Pfizer other than a sore arm. Don’t know if that’s something to be concerned about or not.

As I've mentioned before, I had the Covid virus the end of last November so have been reluctant to get the vaccine. But, Tuesday I received my second Moderna vaccine. Yesterday, I had many of the effects from the vaccine as described by everyone else here. Fever, chills, muscle aches, fatigue, etc. I still feel a little fatigued and have muscle aches. I only posted this so those that have had Covid could read my experience with the vaccine IF they decide to get vaccinated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeannaDost

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg