Murder

@Dr Ray I thought Oz was on COVID lock down. What were you thinking by venturing out to an ATM???
Yeah, what's a matter with you! You could have been beaten down by the antis with a baton! At least wear a helmet and Covid mask next time you venture out! Some peoples children! Ha! Ha! Ha!

In Australia - no handguns etc
Paranoid government regulations
Cairns and most of Oz very safe
I feel that there’s a lot more to the story than we’ve been told
No handguns, but apparently "unregulated" sharp edged instruments? Just as lethal to an unarmed citizen, as you experienced?

@Dr Ray I thought Oz was on COVID lock down. What were you thinking by venturing out to an ATM???

Only on southern places

I’m a mighty long way from that
Note that Australia (mainland) is bigger than the contingent states in USA
No lockdown here

Hey Doc,

Can you not carry at least a knife in Australia? I carry either a switchblade or a Spyderco everywhere I go and a pistol or revolver when I feel the need. All perfectly legal in Texas.
You got it! No knives either!

Violent crime isn't an issue where Dr Ray lives either? Yet? We don't have much here either. Except for the occasional carjacking, convenience store robbery, drive by gang related shooting, etc. Here, as in many other cities across the country, it's not so much you are the target as much as your caught in the situation at hand. In my hand, will be something of the perpetrator(s) nightmare, if I or another innocent bystander becomes the focus of their violence.
It’s not impossible but extremely unlikely for that to happen here. The largest town in my county has 4300 people. Lots of people have 300 win mags and 30-30s behind their seat, (myself including, also a Sig 226) In my life, 24 years, we had one prison escape, and one hold up at a gas station, that I can remember.
If I live somewhere else, you bet your boots I would carry.

It’s not impossible but extremely unlikely for that to happen here. The largest town in my county has 4300 people. Lots of people have 300 win mags and 30-30s behind their seat, (myself including, also a Sig 226) In my life, 24 years, we had one prison escape, and one hold up at a gas station, that I can remember.
If I live somewhere else, you bet your boots I would carry.
Well, that's pretty pitiful statistics? The criminals need to step up their game! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Dr Ray and .455 Webley Greene,
Here you go. My collapsible baton (aka an ASP). Concealable, and you could beat a knife wielder back to Sydney or Melbourne (whichevers’ closer) with it! Ha! Ha! Ha!
CEH

4126FD00-2B6C-4AC3-B76A-2B06095C3E46.jpeg
B4E8DFE3-AACD-4610-8132-0E304B1D1DD0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Today at around 8 I went to the Cairns central shopping Center to attack the ATM to extract. $$. I was surprised that I was the only one around - so I thought.
Just as I transacted and was taking my card out, I hear a hell of a argument.
I didn’t take much notice as the racket suddenly stopped.
I left the building and found out shortly thereafter there was a murder.
One man slashed the throat of the other.

I didn’t know for about it for a little time but yikes this event left me unsettled.
I was to be on a flight 14 December 2019. It turned out to be a fatal flight. Good thing I didn’t end up going on it.
Obviously I’m having an eventful life!

One of my friends is currently in Cairns on his honeymoon and happened to be at Woollies garbing some groceries when this event unfolded. He rang me to talk things through. He could not believe it happened just near him. So sad for you and the community to have to go through.

Dr Ray and .455 Webley Greene,
Here you go. My collapsible baton (aka an ASP). Concealable, and you could beat a knife wielder back to Sydney or Melbourne (whichevers’ closer) with it! Ha! Ha! Ha!
CEH

View attachment 426000View attachment 426001

No Batons either.

I can't speak for Queensland but NSW deem Baton, Pepper Spray, Handcuffs, Nunchucks, knife Cane, throwing stars etc all Deemed as Prohibited Weapons. Basically under the same regs as a Silencer/Suppressors etc.

No Batons either.

I can't speak for Queensland but NSW deem Baton, Pepper Spray, Handcuffs, Nunchucks, knife Cane, throwing stars etc all Deemed as Prohibited Weapons. Basically under the same regs as a Silencer/Suppressors etc.
Good God! How in hell are you supposed to defend yourself? Turn around and run like hell??

No handcuffs?
Missing out on some good times there.

Oh, some stores sell "Novelty Handcuffs"

I heard that somewherecan't verify it of course

kind of ironic, a blade master cannot carry a blade in public, ironic, not funny
WE can in New Zealand. Dr Ray is in Australia. I have carried a pocket knife all my life and while I have my custom going out knife, my every day carry is one I made for myself a long time ago. There are restrictions on blade length and auto openers etc.
This was made by a talented folder maker for a retirement gift to myself with giraffe bone, damasteel, jeweled titanium liners on the CPM154 blade
BR 1.png

The workhorse with titanium scales on the 440C SS blade.
007.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg