Beautiful rifle! If you have the opportunity, please post a photo or two of the underside of the receiver. I can see in one of the angled photos that it has engraving, but I'd like to have a better look at it. Thx
I’ll post one tonight. There’s some light engraving in the underside, the top lever, as well as the sides around the screws. I don’t like a lot of engraving or flash and between the CCH and the light engraving thought this was very tasteful and appealing

I was just thinking the same though my better half may not quite agree!!
@SRvet and @norfolk shooter I might know someone who can help with exporting something to the UK. He’s helping me export something from the UK to the States right now.

I’ll post one tonight. There’s some light engraving in the underside, the top lever, as well as the sides around the screws. I don’t like a lot of engraving or flash and between the CCH and the light engraving thought this was very tasteful and appealing
Agreed. I always thought that I liked heavy engraving and "coin-finish" until I bought my first double with CCH and limited but tasteful scroll engraving. When I compare the 2 styles side by side now I can appreciate both but there is an understated class and elegance to the CCH and subtle scroll.

Just wondering why, you are selling this fine rifle. Not that I can afford it, but here is a bump.
Couple reasons
1) I have a Chapuis 470 as well and 2 doubles that close in size is redundant IMO
2) I’m a bit taller than most + have extremely long arms (even for my height) so this rifle doesn’t fit me as well as the Chapuis (15” LOP - still too short).
3) This rifle’s LOP though common/normal for a Double Rifle is so short on ME adding a 2” pad will also require a pretty large spacer and in my opinion look tacky
4) I can fund part of another African Safari with the money or put this money towards a vintage British Double and have my eyes on several, though I’m afraid finding one to fit my long monkey arms is going to be easier said than done

I’m going to do SPF’s on this

I have 4 full price offers. I’m going in the order of offer’s received. I’m presently waiting to hear back from the first gentleman. I’m giving him a day or two since I know life, wife, and family can throw a curveball meaning checking AH messages isn’t our #1 priority. Plus he asked for references and is likely checking them.

For anyone else that wants to get in line or is looking at other doubles; Multiple lower offers have been declined. Like I told one or two a LGS offered me $500 less than what it’s listed for, and that was without the 2 boxes of ammo being included. LGS’s need to make money so I have no doubt this would’ve been listed much higher in their store, meaning I know this is priced extremely fair. For anyone asking or wondering why I priced it where I did and didn’t go higher knowing that; I wanted to price it where most members of AH could buy and hunt with it, and so I could read/see their happiness rather than sell it to the LGS or make money.

@SRvet and @norfolk shooter I might know someone who can help with exporting something to the UK. He’s helping me export something from the UK to the States right now.
As tempting as it is im not too sure if the police would let me have another 500. Also my 505 hits shit like an Indian mum beating her son (I speak from experience).

If your still struggling to move it let me know I'll ask around

I’m going to do SPF’s on this

I have 4 full price offers. I’m going in the order of offer’s received. I’m presently waiting to hear back from the first gentleman. I’m giving him a day or two since I know life, wife, and family can throw a curveball meaning checking AH messages isn’t our #1 priority. Plus he asked for references and is likely checking them.

For anyone else that wants to get in line or is looking at other doubles; Multiple lower offers have been declined. Like I told one or two a LGS offered me $500 less than what it’s listed for, and that was without the 2 boxes of ammo being included. LGS’s need to make money so I have no doubt this would’ve been listed much higher in their store, meaning I know this is priced extremely fair. For anyone asking or wondering why I priced it where I did and didn’t go higher knowing that; I wanted to price it where most members of AH could buy and hunt with it, and so I could read/see their happiness rather than sell it to the LGS or make money.
Thats awesome news bro

Any update on the sale?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmettKins

Latest profile posts

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!