Me being grumpy...

...this week I should have been in SA hunting eland and kudu with my lever action .500 S&W Magnum. Thanks to the virus, I'm still in Colorado working on my trophy room and shooting packrats out of my garden with a suppressed .22.

[sigh]

Michael B
Hey you could always cape out one of those pack rats and have @gizmo do a proper taxidermy mount... He loves doing those and helping people preserve their memories of their hunts;)

The Kamchatka Peninsula in easternmost Russian Siberia for Russian Brown bear. Was bringing my R8 with synthetic stock configured as a .375. (y) We will try again next year.

Let us know how it goes. I researched those hunts and they seem to be much more reasonable in pricing than the Alaska brown bear hunts.

Let us know how it goes. I researched those hunts and they seem to be much more reasonable in pricing than the Alaska brown bear hunts.
Even with the long flights and airfare, it looks to be roughly half.

I empathize with all of you. However, I am also more than a little frustrated. I was planning to return to Africa this year for another safari. However, after a series of medical issues that arose at the start of the year, I now don't expect to be able to go until 2022 (best case)! Anyone want to trade situations? :)

I empathize with all you guys that cannot make your hunts , I live in South Africa and am not allowed to travel just an hour or two hours away to go and hunt , very frustrating and depressing !

Those booking for next year already have a more optimistic view of the future than I do. I hope to go again, but not going to book until its certain that things are going to work out, right now its still very uncertain.

The ammo I bought for my June trip is going to get used, at least that will bring a smile to my face.
I’m wondering what to shoot with some .375h&h solids?
bison is nice,best meat around.

I totally understand, what a bummer. I mean we had a big family Disney vacay cancelled and that is bad enough but missing a safari! Terrible. I am so fortunate that it just worked out where I had nothing planned this summer. Of course I have just been to Namibia, Mongolia, and Cameroon so I’m not complaining.
I hope you can reschedule and all works out.
Philip

Hunting with a lever-action .500S&W would be a very bad influence on me! That is a hunt I would really enjoy reading about! Is your rifle from Big Horn Armory? Can you tell us more about it? What bullets will you use when you go once the World is better again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross