May I Humbly Ask

Prayers sent hope all went well
 
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!! I am overwhelmed with your kindness. The surgery was a little over 4 hrs and a resounding success. The upside: I did not leak any brain fluid but they pulled the patch over it anyway, and if I behave myself and do not lift anything heavy for a month, all should heal up; biggest win--I woke up! Further upside--by getting it all out, I will not drastically lose bone density as this tumor can produce a Rickets type condition. My bone scan showed I have not significantly lost any mass, thankfully. The downside: I lost a little bone that the tumor attached to, and unfortunately because of location, that also means that I will permanently lose some sense of smell on the left side only. Also will miss some PRIME fishing time, but plan to make that up.

Overall, I consider this to be a miracle of prayer, so thanks again. I "stumbled' upon perhaps the best surgeon of this type in the whole area. His picture and praise of his pioneering inventions in micro robotics and cameras are plastered on the website for UTSW Medical Center. No accident, just divine guidance that I got him.
Incredibly awed and humbled by the goodness of God. May God bless each of you in return!
 
Last edited:
Great to hear. Sounds like you'll be feeling yourself soon. Just don't do it in a public place. :D

After my hernia surgery the doctor told me to avoid lifting anything heavy for six weeks. "Great, now I'll have to sit and pee like a woman.". He looked puzzled for a second. "Alright, you're okay. Get outta here!"
 
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!! I am overwhelmed with your kindness. The surgery was a little over 4 hrs and a resounding success. The upside: I did not leak any brain fluid but they pulled the patch over it anyway, and if I behave myself and do not lift anything heavy for a month, all should heal up; biggest win--I woke up! Further upside--by getting it all out, I will not drastically lose bone density as this tumor can produce a Rickets type condition. My bone scan showed I have not significantly lost any mass, thankfully. The downside: I lost a little bone that the tumor attached to, and unfortunately because of location, that also means that I will permanently lose some sense of smell on the left side only. Also will miss some PRIME fishing time, but plan to make that up.

Overall, I consider this to be a miracle of prayer, so thanks again. I "stumbled' upon perhaps the best surgeon of this type in the whole area. His picture and praise of his pioneering inventions in micro robotics and cameras are plastered on the website for UTSW Medical Center. No accident, just divine guidance that I got him.
Incredibly awed and humbled by the goodness of God. May God bless each of you in return!
Great news Steve! I and I am sure many others on AH are relieved to hear it!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,289
Messages
1,570,718
Members
168,989
Latest member
Robin Gratz
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top