May I Humbly Ask

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!! I am overwhelmed with your kindness. The surgery was a little over 4 hrs and a resounding success. The upside: I did not leak any brain fluid but they pulled the patch over it anyway, and if I behave myself and do not lift anything heavy for a month, all should heal up; biggest win--I woke up! Further upside--by getting it all out, I will not drastically lose bone density as this tumor can produce a Rickets type condition. My bone scan showed I have not significantly lost any mass, thankfully. The downside: I lost a little bone that the tumor attached to, and unfortunately because of location, that also means that I will permanently lose some sense of smell on the left side only. Also will miss some PRIME fishing time, but plan to make that up.

Overall, I consider this to be a miracle of prayer, so thanks again. I "stumbled' upon perhaps the best surgeon of this type in the whole area. His picture and praise of his pioneering inventions in micro robotics and cameras are plastered on the website for UTSW Medical Center. No accident, just divine guidance that I got him.
Incredibly awed and humbled by the goodness of God. May God bless each of you in return!
Glad to hear it
 
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!! I am overwhelmed with your kindness. The surgery was a little over 4 hrs and a resounding success. The upside: I did not leak any brain fluid but they pulled the patch over it anyway, and if I behave myself and do not lift anything heavy for a month, all should heal up; biggest win--I woke up! Further upside--by getting it all out, I will not drastically lose bone density as this tumor can produce a Rickets type condition. My bone scan showed I have not significantly lost any mass, thankfully. The downside: I lost a little bone that the tumor attached to, and unfortunately because of location, that also means that I will permanently lose some sense of smell on the left side only. Also will miss some PRIME fishing time, but plan to make that up.

Overall, I consider this to be a miracle of prayer, so thanks again. I "stumbled' upon perhaps the best surgeon of this type in the whole area. His picture and praise of his pioneering inventions in micro robotics and cameras are plastered on the website for UTSW Medical Center. No accident, just divine guidance that I got him.
Incredibly awed and humbled by the goodness of God. May God bless each of you in return!
That is great news an answer to prayer, I bought a Namibia hunt to celebrate,Steve Stay well.
 
I am so relieved to learn the surgery was successful and that your prognosis is so positive. I’ve been checking on you, via this thread, since your first post. You will be be feeling better, and stronger, as each day passes. Let yourself heal. Let people take care of you. May your future be filled with many adventures, and excellent health.
 
Thank you, Jesus. That’s a fantastic report. Thanks for keeping us posted, Steve. I’m personally grateful for His mercy and grace upon your life in this situation.

A word of caution! Recovery time is often a dangerous ground for skimming through auctions and gunsinternational listings. Be careful to not build too much of a project backlog for when the doc cuts you back loose into full swing!

All the best!
 
I am so relieved to learn the surgery was successful and that your prognosis is so positive. I’ve been checking on you, via this thread, since your first post. You will be be feeling better, and stronger, as each day passes. Let yourself heal. Let people take care of you. May your future be filled with many adventures, and excellent health.
Steve - You likely know this, but just in case. When you are recovering and resting, checkout YouTube as it has an incredible amount of hunting videos. MOTV has a bunch, too, though a membership is about $100 or so. Use the forced downtime to plan your next adventure.
 
Nice to hear all went well Steve, now take you time for a proper recovery.
 
Good to see you back @steve white
My bit of advice if you’re open to any “be kind to yourself” you have just undergone a massive surgery.
Hope you have tight lines when you get back to the fishing.
I just heard TODAY that folks are tearing up the crappie. I'm not even on pain relievers, but THAT IS PAINFUL, lol.
 
Tomorrow, the 12th, I have a five hour surgery to remove a rare Phosphaturic Mesenchymal tumor from up my nose right next to the brain. A flap of nasal skin will have to be detached on 3 sides and pulled over to keep brain fluid from leaking out. Delicate.
Prayer humbly requested.
@steve white
Prayers from my wife and I sent your way my friend.
Pray the surgery goes well and a speedy recovery
If'n it was me having the surgery they wouldn't have to worry about brain fluid leaking out because you have to have a brain to have the fluid. A lot of people think I'm a brainless git so no problem.
Keep well mate and hope you are back shooting again soon
Bob
 
About to depart for hospital. I'm going to ask the surgeon to loan me $5000, so he has skin in the game for waking me back up! (lol)
thanks to all--I consider you guys part of my family.
@steve white
Thanks for that advice mate
I'll try it on my surgeon on the 2nd of April when I go for a knee replacement.
I might ask him for 10k tho because he is a rich bastard.
Bob
 
I like your idea to get a personal loan from the surgeon! Now he will indeed be invested in your future! All the best to you, and yes, prayers sent.
@HuntingGold
I'm going to try that one in my surgeon mate but I'm going to ask for double.
Bob
 
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!!! I am overwhelmed with your kindness. The surgery was a little over 4 hrs and a resounding success. The upside: I did not leak any brain fluid but they pulled the patch over it anyway, and if I behave myself and do not lift anything heavy for a month, all should heal up; biggest win--I woke up! Further upside--by getting it all out, I will not drastically lose bone density as this tumor can produce a Rickets type condition. My bone scan showed I have not significantly lost any mass, thankfully. The downside: I lost a little bone that the tumor attached to, and unfortunately because of location, that also means that I will permanently lose some sense of smell on the left side only. Also will miss some PRIME fishing time, but plan to make that up.

Overall, I consider this to be a miracle of prayer, so thanks again. I "stumbled' upon perhaps the best surgeon of this type in the whole area. His picture and praise of his pioneering inventions in micro robotics and cameras are plastered on the website for UTSW Medical Center. No accident, just divine guidance that I got him.
Incredibly awed and humbled by the goodness of God. May God bless each of you in return!
@steve white seeing he had to peel the nose back did you get him to give you a Tom Cruise nose to go with your stunning looks and rugged outdoor features.
Sorry for making you laugh.
Bob
 
Great to hear. Sounds like you'll be feeling yourself soon. Just don't do it in a public place. :D

After my hernia surgery the doctor told me to avoid lifting anything heavy for six weeks. "Great, now I'll have to sit and pee like a woman.". He looked puzzled for a second. "Alright, you're okay. Get outta here!"
@Ontario Hunter
My doctor told me the same after my hernia.
I told him if'n I can't lift anything heavy how am I supposed to get out of bed because I'm not light weight.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,297
Messages
1,570,953
Members
169,069
Latest member
LyndaPrimm
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top