Looking For Winchester 70 Stainless Classic 375 H&H

Good Lord, Toby! DOn't you have enough guns?

Wish you luck in finding one @TOBY458 .. I thought about offering you mine for a nano second.. but then remembered.. Thats one of my favorite rifles! :)

Glad to see you looking for a rifle that is designed to completely eject spent rounds on a routine basis. Are you planning on a foul weather hunt? Or do you just like stainless?

Glad to see you looking for a rifle that is designed to completely eject spent rounds on a routine basis. Are you planning on a foul weather hunt? Or do you just like stainless?
Haha! Even though I already have several rifles designed for proper ejection, I feel like I need a Winchester 375 to match my 416 Rem and 458 Win model 70s. And yes, I do like stainless. Especially in a 375, which could also serve in Alaska.

Wa…..it a minute here Toby!!! Didn't you just have a 375 jam on you at a most inopportune time?? Your remedy may have done something for the symptoms but didn't cure a thing. :cool::cool:

Wa…..it a minute here Toby!!! Didn't you just have a 375 jam on you at a most inopportune time?? Your remedy may have done something for the symptoms but didn't cure a thing. :cool::cool:
You are correct! I also have a Kimber Talkeetna in 375 H&H that I used on my first Safari with you guys. It's a standard mauser type bolt and extractor. But I took my buffalo with a 416 on that first trip.
The only thing I don't like about the Kimber is the blind magazine. I prefer a floor plate on a rifle. That way if you have a jam of some sort, it's much easier to clear. A Winchester 70 fills that bill quite nicely.

Hi Toby, I am sure you have seen the one listed on GunBroker. Also there is one in 300 Ultra mage listed that would make a nice 404 Jeff conversion.(y)

Hi Toby, I am sure you have seen the one listed on GunBroker. Also there is one in 300 Ultra mage listed that would make a nice 404 Jeff conversion.(y)
Already watching the 375 Stainless Classic on GB. May need to check out the Ultra.

Toby, sent you a pm. I have a mod 70 375 synthetic in matted blued steel I would sell for a good price.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 9.55.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 9.55.56 AM.png
    883.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 9.55.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 9.55.58 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 212
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 9.56.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 9.56.00 AM.png
    494 KB · Views: 197
  • thumb_free.jpg
    thumb_free.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 177
These are excellent rifles. I took one that I customized up to AK last year and took a nice brown bear with it. That was always my plan for it and I was very pleased to get to use it for what I intended it for. Now, if I could just get back up there to go moose hunting.

@ Toby. There you go. It must be in the stars... No use fighting it. I see it comes with quite a bit of factory ammo as well. Its Just was you need to flatten that next Buff.

@ Toby. There you go. It must be in the stars... No use fighting it. I see it comes with quite a bit of factory ammo as well. Its Just was you need to flatten that next Buff.
I wonder if the owner is an AH member? The ad says the rifle is with Wayne of AHR right now, so I wonder if there was a problem that couldn't be resolved?

I had seen this rifle for previously sale on the AHR website (for more than the current asking price)
If you check on the AHR website they no longer sell used firearms. I don't think AHR would have offered it up on there website if there was a problem with it. But like the seller says you can check with Wayne. If I was in the US I would try to buy it at the opening price as it seems a good price.
You could always buy it and come out and hunt buff with me and leave it as a gift.;)

I had seen this rifle for previously sale on the AHR website (for more than the current asking price)
If you check on the AHR website they no longer sell used firearms. I don't think AHR would have offered it up on there website if there was a problem with it. But like the seller says you can check with Wayne. If I was in the US I would try to buy it at the opening price as it seems a good price.
You could always buy it and come out and hunt buff with me and leave it as a gift.;)
Good deal! An even swap for a Buffalo Bull! I'm in! Lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg