Long Over Due

I own a .300 Winchester Magnum savage rifle. I've done my research and would love to have a Rigby for Africa. However, most of my hunting will be in the US for the foreseeable future.
300WM is an excellent start to an African rifle battery. I regard Savage rifles very highly for their out of the box accuracy, albeit not the best in the looks department IMO.

A logical step up from .30 caliber is .375 if you plan on using it in Africa. (BTW .375 is still very useful for hunting in North America.) I'm not sure what your budget for a rifle is, but a Rigby in 375H&H starts at $12K (used) and goes up from there. There are lots of good deals out there for .375 caliber rifles like Win M70, Ruger M77/Hawkeye, Kimber Talkeetna and CZ550/BRNO602 being the major CRF options for right around the $2K starting price. And don't forget about Savage making a couple very affordable options in 375RUGER as well as a several others I'm sure to have forgotten.

Lots of options out there for everyone to find their own preference. Take your time, do some reading here on AH and enjoy the journey.
 
Welcome!
 
Welcome aboard! Congratulations on you big game success!
 
Welcome aboard Daktari. Find somebody that hunts "Hogs" in your area and hook up with him. Good practice and loads of fun.
 
In a few years you will be asking which is a better bullet for your double rifle for your upcoming cape Buffalo hunt, Woodleighs or A-Frames.

This is by far the best and most polite hunting forum I have ever been a part of.
 
Report is posted y'all!
 
Welcome to AH! Nice to have you on the site and we look forward to you sharing your stories!
 
Welcome to AH! Enjoy the forum.
 
welcome welcome welcome
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH and the world of hunting. Your choice of a .300 Win mag is an excellent one as it will handle any African plains game with the appropriate bullets.
A .375 (H&H or Ruger) or .416 (Remington, Rigby or Ruger) will serve you well for dangerous game.
 
Welcome to AH, hunting is definitely an adventure that many time reads to memories and no meat on the table.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,262
Messages
1,570,921
Members
169,200
Latest member
va3car
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top